We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Valle vs. Boquete?

NY, NY
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
El Valle vs. Boquete?

My fiance and I are planning a trip to Panama for our honeymoon in August and are considering 3-4 days in Boquete vs. El Valle. We are most interested in hiking, light birdwatching, and some cultural experiences. The cloud forest and volcano at Boquete seem very interesting, and I think I'd enjoy a coffee plantation tour. I can find less about El Valle, but it seems like the birdwatching is excellent, there is a good handicrafts market, and it might be a little less touristed (possibly less rainy as well). Any thoughts on our best option? We'll be spending the remainder of our time in Panama City and Isla Bastimentos, hopefully.

minneapolis
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: El Valle vs. Boquete?

SavvymomBaltimore - We are planning a very similar trip to Panama for 10 days in August. Also for a family of 4 - two adults and two boys ages 9 & 12. We are starting our trip in PC and considering Boquete, Bocas, Pearl Islands and Valle de Anton. We want to see the sights in PC and go snorkeling, swimming, white water rafting, zip lining and possibly repelling. Have you finalized your plans? If so, I'd like to hear about your itinerary and modes of transportation to get from place to place. Since you are going on your trip in July, I'd love to hear about it when you return and get feedback on any changes you might make suggest.

I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions anyone else can provide as well. My family is fairly active and does not like to sit on the beach for days at a time.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
52 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: El Valle vs. Boquete?

Hi Cornham and Savvymom, Did you get any replis. I would be interested in the same trip next summer. Thank you so much

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: El Valle vs. Boquete?

We just returned from a 2+ week trip to Panama, which included El Valle. I grew up in Panama and have lived in the US for 20+ years. Additionally, I travel internationally 8-10 times per year, so my expectations are not unreasonable.

I have been to El Valle on at least 4 previous occasions, and what struck me during this visit was the overall rudeness and indifference we encountered. We ran into this attitude at the produce and craft market, and at a local restaurant as well. Needless to say, we didn't patronize either establishment.

Although El Valle has a few charms and a good hotel (Los Mandarinos), their collective appeal could not overcome the negative impression we left with. Sadly, it will be the last visit ever for our family.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: El Valle vs. Boquete?

Sorry, Ernesto about your negative experience. I love also Hotel Residential and NEVER have had a negative experience in El Valle.

Perhaps you could write a review about your negative experience on the local restaurant. Reviews last forever and impact the rating of the restaurant overall on t/a.

Enjoy your further travels ! So many places to see in the world, right?

Sebring, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: El Valle vs. Boquete?

Thank you for your valuable input..

Level Contributor
10 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: El Valle vs. Boquete?

I prefer El Valle. True, Boquete has more restaurants and hotels, but are you looking for just another town full of tourists? Boquete has more facilities suitable for western standards, but if you want a more authentic cultural experience El Valle would be better. In terms of attractions both locations offer similar activities. Depending on your way of traveling, both are nice places to visit.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,816 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: El Valle vs. Boquete?

This thread is over a year old - all those planned trips have been and gone.

harrisburg
Level Contributor
18 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: El Valle vs. Boquete?

Unfortunately, Panama can be quite uneven in customer service. I think I see things improving as businesses realize that they need to get with the program.

As for the market, avoid the produce stall closest to the crafts and go to the farthest end in the front. She is always friendly.

I like the energy of El Valle better-I think it has a spiritual vibe while Boquete has more of a gringo/ commercial vibe. I agree that if you are into nature, you won't be bored in El Valle.

19. Re: El Valle vs. Boquete?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about El Valle de Anton