We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night in El Valle

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
One night in El Valle

Hi! My husband and I are travelling to Panama in a few weeks and want to spend a night in El Valle. Where should we stay? Any recommendations on what to do?

Thank so much!

Level Contributor
10 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night in El Valle

Nice cheap place to stay with good company I would recommend Golden Frog Inn. As for things to do, if you like hiking and the out doors the list is endless.

Salaberry de...
Level Contributor
462 posts
965 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night in El Valle

I recommend this place.

We were satisfied and it was cheap in march 2013.

Cabanas Seguras.

I wanted to write a review whene we were there but it was not on Trip Advisor. I see it is now happily.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g635545-d396417…

Miami, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One night in El Valle

planning one night in El Valle; arriving Nov 15th. A family member is wheelchair bound. What would be our best choice in accommodations for her comfort and safety? We need three double rooms.

thank you for your reply.

calcalopez@att.net

Miami, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One night in El Valle

yes, kiki l is me.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,919 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One night in El Valle

It has been a long time since I have been to Los Capitanes so I have no idea what it's like now. But, the only place that I can think of that has ground floor rooms is that hotel. You might contact them. Some of the B&Bs may also have ground floor rooms. I don't think any of the hotels do, and none of them have elevators that I know of.

Miami, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: One night in El Valle

I appreciate your quick response. Los Capitanes is now under a new name...Valle Verde. I have one concern - perhaps you can help. The main entrance seems to be very dark; I am worried about moisture in the rooms. Otherwise, recent reviews show 3/4 stars.

thanks

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,919 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One night in El Valle

Unfortunately, it has been a few years since I was there, so I can't comment on how well lighted the entrance is. It's in a nice, quiet residential area of El Valle. When I was there, I didn't notice any lack of lighting. But, in the interior -- that is, away from the city -- electricity is expensive and lighting is not up the same intensity that we are accostumed to in the States.

13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: One night in El Valle

If you can swing it, try to make it to their market - there are lots of crafts and local food sold here, and it's one of the better markets in Panama. People will tell you to go to the zoo, but I have mixed feelings about this. It does have some interesting animals, but the cages are small and it's hard to tell how well the animals are cared for. If you're into hiking, you can hike up to the cross above town and get an awesome view of the surrounding area. The hike up takes an hour or so and is pretty steep, but well worth it for the view!

9. Re: One night in El Valle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about El Valle de Anton