We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting A Car

cumbria
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Renting A Car

We're staying in Adamas for a fortnight next September and planning on renting a car for a week. Does this seem a reasonable amount of time to get round the island without rushing? I know it's a long way off but I enjoy plannning my holiday and it helps me get through the British winter - especially after this years summer!

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
244 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting A Car

A week will be plenty enough. Most of the beaches/attractions on Milos can be reached within 20 mins drive from Adamas. You may want to rent this car for your second week. Initially this September we found the bus service to be excellent (and cheap) however as tourist numbers dropped they cut the service and by 23/9/12 there was only left an infrequent service to Plaka and Pollonia. Tourist information at the Port print of the latest timetable daily.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting A Car

Stay away from Thunder car rentals!They took us by car to their store and told us to pay a very large amount of money to hire a bike!!And after we declined they didn't take us back to the port and we had to walk a long distance!Very very unproffesional!!

3. Re: Renting A Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 23:15