We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belvedere hotel or Homeric Poems in Firostefani

Melbourne, Australia
9 posts
Save Topic
Belvedere hotel or Homeric Poems in Firostefani

Hi,

We are staying in Santorini in June and are undecided as to which hotel to stay. They both seem luxurious and high end. Homeric Poems do not offer breakfast in their packages, and they both seem to have nice pool. Any thoughts????? Thank you

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,117 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belvedere hotel or Homeric Poems in Firostefani

If you haven't done so already, check out any reviews already posted on TA.

After that, if you have some specific unanswered questions you can try contacting recent reviewers by PM to ask their opinion.

If they seem to offer the same sort of top-end service, is the non provision of breakfast at Homeric Poems the sort of thing you'd consider a deal breaker? If so, problem solved, go with Belvedere.

Martin

Melbourne, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Belvedere hotel or Homeric Poems in Firostefani

Hi, thanks for your reply. Do you think that 7 nights are too long for Santorini?

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,600 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belvedere hotel or Homeric Poems in Firostefani

I've spent a fortnight at a time on the island and not been bored, but it could depend on how much time you have in Europe and what other countries you wish to visit.

I would say, however, don't fall into the trap of thinking all Santorini has to offer is a view and a sunset. There is much more, but it would mean less time lounging around the hotel and the pool.

Having said that, the usual favorites are watching the sunset, volcano cruise (varying array of choices out there from budget to how much?), meal at a waterside taverna (Ammoudi Bay is the popular one, although Akrotiri Beach has some nice options, but no sunset view), Red Beach, White Beach (the latter only accessible via water taxi), diggings at Akrotiri (closed Mondays - as are most museums, so check so you're not disappointed), climb up to Ancient Thera at the top of Messa Vouno (the mountain that separates Perissa from Kamari). Quite fun to walk up one side, see the site and walk down the other side and take the water taxi back to where you began. Visit one of the beaches - but keep in mind they're black, volcanic grit that gets hot, not lovely white sand. Buy some cheap neoprene beach shoes (readily available) and you'll be fine. Hiking - loads of options from the caldera walk between Oia and Fira (and vice versa), walk up to Profitis Ilias Monastery for the views, visit Pyrgos village and enjoy the quiet serenity, wander from Imerovigli to Fira via Firastefani, cheap day trip over to Thirassia to see a Greek village that's not been commercialized, visit a winery or a brewery. Outdoor cinema - lots of fun. Visit some of the smaller, off-the-beaten-track villages . . .

Enough choices yet?

Melbourne, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Belvedere hotel or Homeric Poems in Firostefani

Wow! Thanks so much for that informative reply. Sold!

Oro Valley
Level Contributor
110 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belvedere hotel or Homeric Poems in Firostefani

Wow indeed. I would like to hop in on this thread because I will be in Santorini in June but I have limited time. Can you recommend a restaurant with sunset views in Firostefani? Is there a water taxi one can take just to visit Thirasia? I have looked at various tours and each visit places I want to see but not all.Would you recommend a car for a day to see the villages?

6. Re: Belvedere hotel or Homeric Poems in Firostefani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 16:15