We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perissa Wedding reception sept 2010

Sunderland
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Perissa Wedding reception sept 2010

Hi Can anyone advise which is the best Taverna to have a wedding reception at in Perissa? I am getting married in Santo wines on Sept 9th and I am looking for somewhere good to hold the after party. We will be having 25-35 guests and would like the food to be of good quality and also a party atmosphere.

Any help would be appreciated

Wendy

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,117 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perissa Wedding reception sept 2010

These are some of the best (in my opinion) restaurants in Perissa. I'm sure any one of them would be happy to put on a recepetion for you.

Meteora (more towards Perivolos, but Irini would make sure you had a fabulous time and she'd definately be the best for a party atmosphere). If you like, I could get in touch with her on Facebook, or ask her myself, I'm going to Santorini in 2 weeks.

Gods Garden

Ntomatini

Lava

Acropolis

Atlantis Beach

Hope this gives you somewhere to start.

Good luck

Martin

Sunderland
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perissa Wedding reception sept 2010

hi and thanks for this we will have a look and see if there are any pictures of these places. I have emailed aquarius but got no reply and the apartments where we are stayin at has suggested pygros. Have you heard what this place is like? The pictures look good but also no prices available.

Thanks

Wendy

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,117 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perissa Wedding reception sept 2010

There is a taverna in Pyrgos that regularly gets recommended for wedding parties, it might even be called Pyrgos Tavern - if you do a search on here you'll find it, it's always being mentioned. A big advantage is that it's just over the road from the Santos Winery.

Martin

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Perissa Wedding reception sept 2010

one vote more for ''lava''.

I dont recoment, mu opinion low quality

Gods Garden

Meteora

Atlantis beach.

and for me the pyrgos is expensive. has many restaurants

like in pirgos village the kalisti, on the road fira-karterados kyra niki- in monolithos ''mario'', they has good prices and clean kitcen.

Thanks

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,117 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perissa Wedding reception sept 2010

Hi Fotis, I'm surprised that you don't recommend God's Garden or Meteora, I've always thought that the food in both places was excellent. Maybe it's just the wedding food they do that's not so good?

Martin

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Perissa Wedding reception sept 2010

Dear Martin

info from inside of island,and some reviews, I dont propose for wedding reception the meteora.

for gods garden

is really cheap,the girl is really good, I have visit the restaurant 3times, mu negative review is for cleaning level.last year I visit them, the food was much, but wasnt clean.

Anyway the places I think isnot for quality wedding reception.

anyway that is mu opinion.

Thanks

athens
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Perissa Wedding reception sept 2010

One more vote for lava and ntomatini . Decent food - good prices.

Acropolis I think is awful from all points of view. Low quality touristic food and terrible decoration (the acropolis on Perissa Beach - Come on!).

Pyrgos is a place which is always recommended - wrongfully in my opinion - just because it is a place that is oriented in doing wedding receptions and things like that but the food is really common and average.

Kallisti used to be very good but the last couple of years has really deteriorated.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Perissa Wedding reception sept 2010

Hi

Thanks for your posts.

Has anyone got any pictures of Lava as i have searched and there are no photo's and dont wat to book without seeing it.

Thanks

Wendy

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,117 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Perissa Wedding reception sept 2010

Wendy,

I don't have pictures and a quick google gives a few hits but again no pictures.

I'm going to Perissa in a couple of weeks - I could take some pictures and put them up here if you like.

Martin

Sunderland
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Perissa Wedding reception sept 2010

Hi Martin,

Thanks that would be brilliant.

Wendy

Get answers to your questions about Perissa
Recent Conversations