We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porto Castello

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Porto Castello

Hi, we are off to Perissa in 27 days (yes I'm counting lol). There seems to be a fair amount of brilliant reviews for this retaurant, has anyone been there and if so what did they think of it ?

Cheers Karen

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,988 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porto Castello

If Tito is still the chef, the food will be amazing, he's one of the best chefs, not only in Perissa, but on the island. Unfortunately, he was seriously ill in 2010 and I've not heard whether or not he's been able to return to work.

The restaurant has lots ot tables directly on the beach front so the views over the sea are really nice, and if you're lucky enough to be there on full moon night (15th June), it knocks the Oia sunset into a cocked hat every time.

Martin

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Porto Castello

Thanks for that Martin, we fly out on the 14th so I'll look forward to being there for full moon night. I noticed that you are there in June too.

I know that you highly recommend Ntomatini so we will definately be going there

Karen

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,988 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Porto Castello

Karen,

Definitely go to Ntomatini, also you must try Gods Garden, Lava, The Acropolis and The Volcano as well.

For snacks and things, try the bakery in the village, their chicken pie is wonderful as are the cakes and the bread. They supply bread to Ntomatini (the two owners are brothers) and it's some of the nicest bread youll get anywhere.

There's also a second bakery, not far from the centre, next to the big Co-op supermarket. Both are open 24 hours.

Martin

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Porto Castello

Thanks Martin, you are a mine of information. Are there many cash points in Perissa

I am on the countdown now, I can't wait lol

Karen

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,988 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Porto Castello

Regarding ATMs, there's one outside the big Co-op supermarket, where the other bakery is.

There's also one in the main street in Perissa (or at least there was last year). There's another outside another big supermarket on the way to Emporio, the next village up from Perissa, and another in Emporio itself.

If all else fails, there are dozens in Fira. If an ATM breaks down, don't expect it to be fixed as quickly as it might be in the UK, they can be out of action for days at a time.

Martin

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Porto Castello

Thanks again Martin. No doubt I will be asking more questions over the next couple of weeks. I spend every spare minute looking up Santorini lol

Cheers Karen

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Porto Castello

personal I dont recommend porto castello.

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
5,988 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Porto Castello

Why would you not recommend this place Fotinos?

I've not been there myself, but that's mainly because I don't like restaurants where they try to drag you in off the street, and one year, the woman who was doing this got angry with me because I'd walked past almost every day and wouldn't go in.

I know this is common practice in some places, Fira especially, but it's not something we're used to in the UK and people find it very annoying.

Do you know if Tito is back on the island this year? I've not heard how he is after he was ill last year.

Martin

Essex,England
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Porto Castello

I wrote a recent reviewof this restaurant and thought it was excellent. The meals, staff and overall atmosphere was just great. You can see my full review in the Santorini restaurant section.

10. Re: Porto Castello

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2012, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Perissa
Recent Conversations