We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petra, Supermarket and Ourania and Map

Which Petra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
552 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Petra, Supermarket and Ourania and Map

A few questions, does anyone know of a supermarket near the Ourania, also as I cannot find it on the map is it near the main resort?

Does anyone have a map showing the tavernas?

Many thanks

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Petra, Supermarket and Ourania and Map

Hi Sooze

This topic has been covered earlier on this year , look on the old posting set by Jackielancashire on the 5th of March entitled "more info on ourania studios" hope this helps.

Edited: 31 July 2012, 22:18
Lancashire
Level Contributor
679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Petra, Supermarket and Ourania and Map

Hiya,

As lekistyx says, there is quite a lot of info on the Petra forum in reply to my questions earlier this year. Depends on what you want from a supermarket as to the nearest.

You can buy bottled water and juice from the bar at the Ourania.

Around 5 mins walk to the left of the studios is a bakery, and a tiny little mini market for basic items.

Turn right from the studios, and the road takes you round to the beach

( about 8/10 mins ) and slightly bigger mini markets and shops. Petra village itself, ( about 10 mins walk ) is an absolute delight for "proper" local shops and Tavernas. You will find other Tavernas and bars all along the beachfront, not forgetting the Taverna at Ourania.

Jackie

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
552 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Petra, Supermarket and Ourania and Map

That is really useful thanks. Sounds like there is more there than I first thought. Like the idea of being out of town a bit, but also enjoy the walk. Many thanks

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Petra, Supermarket and Ourania and Map

Make sure that you eat at the Ouriana as the food there is fabulous,

One of the best Taverna's in the resort.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Petra, Supermarket and Ourania and Map

jackrac1 Hiya!

Memories of Christos spit roasts on Sundays!!! Drooling now!!

Jackie

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
552 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Petra, Supermarket and Ourania and Map

My hubby will love that, he is an absolute meat fanatic! Unusual for apartments to have really good food, but sounds like its worth trying.

Do any of the tavernas have music or bands? I don't mean clubby music :) Although a bit of rock would be nice :)

Lancashire
Level Contributor
679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Petra, Supermarket and Ourania and Map

The tavernas tend to have Greek background music if any. Forgive me for being an old softie, but a lot of the seafront tavernas have decking right on the beach with tables set out there. With the sound of the sea and the sunset over Petra, you will forget all about music!!!

The bars in the square however do have quite a good mix of music at night. Just wish I could be there this weekend !!

Jackie

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
552 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Petra, Supermarket and Ourania and Map

I do like the sound of sitting at the seafront and watching the sunset, oh I wish I were there now.

9. Re: Petra, Supermarket and Ourania and Map

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Petra
Recent Conversations