We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is Steve's Music Bar

Which Petra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
549 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Where is Steve's Music Bar

I just saw a review and from a picture with someone wearing a Led Zepplin t-shirt looks like our type of place. We are staying at the Ourania in June and wonder where this bar is. Also do you know if they play any more old rock?

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is Steve's Music Bar

Steve's bar is actually in Anaxos and not Petra. TA have it in the wrong location and the member who put the review on here has tried to get it moved.

As far as music is concerned, if you took your own CD I am sure Steve will play any rock music :-) He almost certainly plays Led Zepplin.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
549 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is Steve's Music Bar

Do you know how far that is, don't mind a walk?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is Steve's Music Bar

From the centre of Parga, then walking to the end of Anaxos where Steve's bar is located will take about 30 to 40 minutes. Depends on how fast you walk. There's a bit of a hill up and out of Parga. The hill on the way back is more gradual.

You might find this useful:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms…

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
549 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is Steve's Music Bar

Thanks, might walk there and taxi back!

Wolverhampton
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is Steve's Music Bar

Its a hell of a walk from Parga ! LOL ..... Petra .....

RTJ70 is right with his walking times there. Steve is a bit "hit and miss" on when he is open but early evening you should be ok .

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is Steve's Music Bar

Oops. Petra of course! :-)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is Steve's Music Bar

I forgot to mention about his opening times - some days last year the bar was open and he wasn't there. He trusted the visitors I think!

Most nights he was open until late last May but on one or two occasions he was closed when we walked back to our accommodation past his bar.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is Steve's Music Bar

Hi sooze29

Steve has loads of CD's that friends have copied for him over the years but as rtj said to make sure just do a copy of your fave and I'm certain he'll play it . He only missed one Sunday night last visit ,

I knew it was going to be my spot for the holiday on my 1st visit virtually the instant I got off the transfer coach and heard the dulcet tones of Phil Lynott wafting up the lane,

He most certainly has got every track that Zep have ever recorded !!!!!

{ I made sure of that for him last year.}

If you're there between the 8th and 22nd June you'll have the chance of a bit of live stuff in Steve's .

And yes rtj Oooops !!!! it would be one hell of a hike from Parga .;0)

Edited: 15 February 2013, 17:01
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where is Steve's Music Bar

Just over 300 miles as the crow flies according to google earth ;0)

and you might get your feet wet a bit too ;0)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where is Steve's Music Bar

You can see which other forum I contribute to :-)

I've tried again to get TA to move Steve's bar to Anaxos but do wonder if there is something about the map that links it. Possibly not as other places show as Anaxos. I reported it as wrong location and also tried to give the correct location but it does not let you edit the Petra bit so I provided the postal code.

But if this brings people to Anaxos that might not have otherwise ventured there... then Anaxos' businesses will benefit.

P.S. Google maps directions gives one route from Parga to Anaxos (walking) as 774km and takes 123 hours :-) Might need a beer at Steve's after that. Or a cocktail or two at the Plaza Palace.

Edited: 15 February 2013, 17:45
Get answers to your questions about Petra
Recent Conversations