We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traditional Taverna

Which Petra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Traditional Taverna

Has this restaurant moved? If so where?

Molyvos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
560 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traditional Taverna

It has moved to Avlaki (between Petra and Anaxos).

The 'sticky map' has been updated.

facebook page is https:/…TheTraditionalRestaurant

uk
Level Contributor
341 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traditional Taverna

Looks good, has any one been yet ?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traditional Taverna

I shall defo be giving it a visit when I go on 24th...have been on their facebook page and it looks amazing. Shall probably spend a day there as the beach looks fabulous,

Pluckley, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traditional Taverna

Has anybody been to the Traditional Taverna lately? Is it still holding it's greek nights? I read good reports of it and was intending to try it when we visit in three weeks time but there has been no mention of it since Drew first reported that it had closed and it was subsequently reported thet it had moved premises.

uk
Level Contributor
341 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traditional Taverna

We are in Petra from the 14th and intend to pay a visit. Have looked at the FB page and it looks great, they create an event for most Mondays re Greek night so I would say yes it's up and running ! ( will try and confirm when I'm there, staying at Nakelis not sure if it has wi fi though )

Pluckley, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traditional Taverna

Thanks. I,m also wondering if it's walkable from Petra? It will be our first visit so I don't know where it is.

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Traditional Taverna

Went this week still the same menu,lovely setting,Great food and price.20 mins walk from anaxos 10 mins from square in Petra

Going again next week.

uk
Level Contributor
341 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traditional Taverna

I have only been once before and think its about half way between Petra and annaxos . Last time we stayed in annaxos and walked into Petra so yes walkable ( 15-20 minutes at a guess)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traditional Taverna

>> I'm also wondering if it's walkable from Petra?

Yes it is walkable - it used to be in Petra before they moved to Avlaki. As Rob says above, the map in the sticky map thread has been updated to show where the Traditional is now located. For those that know the area, it is now on the outskirts of Petra so you walk out along the sea wall to get there. It is now obviously a shorter walk from Anaxos :-)

Pluckley, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Traditional Taverna

Thanks for all the info.Sure we'll find it easily now, Jane

Get answers to your questions about Petra
Recent Conversations