We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nikki's Seafront Studio's And Other Questions!

UK
Level Contributor
128 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Nikki's Seafront Studio's And Other Questions!

Hi

Mum and I have (50's and 30's) have booked to stay at the above in July. I understand there's some confusion on TA about these apartments as I think there's two with a similar name? We're staying at the one's without a pool.

I guess the reason for posting is for reassurance. I'll be 5 and a half months pregnant when we're there and am a little nervous about travelling at that time! Silly things are concerning me, such as we land at 17.45 - how much of a transfer do we have to Petra? Not something I normally ever worry about but my weak bladder may play havoc!!

Is there a supermarket within walking distance of the apartments? What is the beach like?

Basically, any info you can give me on the area would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Lucy

Panagia Glykofilousa
Churches & Cathedrals
Lesvos Taxi Service
Historical & Heritage Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours, Day Trips, Taxis & Shuttles
Number 1 - Calypso Boat Excursions
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours
London
Level Contributor
609 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nikki's Seafront Studio's And Other Questions!

Can't answer too much about the location but I'm afraid the transfer time from Mytilene airport to Petra is at least an hour and a half, sometimes longer. You may have to have a word with the Rep at the airport!

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
874 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nikki's Seafront Studio's And Other Questions!

transfer about 1and 1/2 hours a bit slow and twisty in places but plenty to watch out for on the way ,ie flamingos on the salt pans. Niki's sea front is on the seaside road (only road thro this way) not a busy road, about 1 min walk to square with several people watching bars and a couple of tavernas, try the womens coop upstairs if you can manage the steepish steps ,couple of small supermarkets and very nice bakeries in the square area as well, more tavernas/bars a further couple of minutes walk along the road, this is also where the beach is, try the Reef in this area. if you want a pool, blue sky hotel is up a side road near the square, if you buy a drink/snack you can use the pool no problem,i'm sure George, Maria and Anthony in blue sky would make you welcome..every where is on the flat so easy to walk but a lot of the road is flat cobbles. watch out as petra/Lesvos bites you will want to return again!!

Radcliffe, United...
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nikki's Seafront Studio's And Other Questions!

Hi Lucy, The transfer is about an hour and half if they drop off at Skala Kalonis first.

The closest shops are only a short walk from Nikis seafront (turn right as you come out of the gate) there are 2 or 3 what you might call supermarket and a couple of good bakery's .

The beach is down the opposite end of Petra from Nikki's down past the square , there are lots of sun beds and tavernas for lunch and drinks. It will take about 10 mins walking .

Nikki does do breakfast if you ask her the night before and for about €5 (2012 price) you won't need to eat for the rest of the day she gives you yoghurt ,bread ,ham, cheese, jam ,boiled egg, ham n cheese toasty, tea or coffee and cake. All of which is top class but we ordered for the morning we were going home and could not do it justice , you need a couple of lazy hours just sat in the nice gardens watching the world go by as you have it.

Nikki is a lovely host and if you use the garden area for a relaxing drink (no bar get a bottle from the supermarket ) she brings you fruit and bits.

Enjoy Petra the tavernas are all good and the people very warm and welcoming .

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
14,929 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nikki's Seafront Studio's And Other Questions!

Lucy - make sure you use the loo before you get on the coach at the airport. As said above transfer time can vary but generally thanks to new roads it is getting quicker than several years ago but it will almost certainly be 1.5 hours depending on other drops. I once had almost 3 hours between Molyvos & airport! In your case I would explain to the rep & maybe they will let you use the loo at a hotel drop along the way. Hope it all goes well for you.

Wolverhampton
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nikki's Seafront Studio's And Other Questions!

You won't need to walk far to anything from where you are, relax and enjoy , nothing to worry about at all !

Coincidentally my wife was five and a half months pregnant when we first visited the island

UK
Level Contributor
128 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nikki's Seafront Studio's And Other Questions!

Many thanks all, helpful tips as always!

Petra sounds like my idea of Greece heaven. I probably should have researched better cos I'd assumed seafront apartments meant I'd be right on the beach. Little wee in the sea if I get desperate then! (I sound toilet obsessed right now!)

Loving the sounds of people watching in the sky and the local bakeries. July cannot come quick enough!

Thanks again x

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nikki's Seafront Studio's And Other Questions!

Not much to add to the above. Nikki seafront are right there on the sea road, set in a nice lawned garden although I think the rooms face at a slight angle away from the sea. The main square is just around the corner - try Kalderimi grill for fantastic Gyros Pittas. Nikkis Michael are the other apartments with the pool and they are some way back through the village. You have all you need within 2 mins flat walk: Pharmacy, Supermarkets, Bakery and Bars/Tavernas a-plenty ("Marina" is practically next door). The beach is coarse sand and gets better the further you go round towards the harbour. All the tavernas on the sea road have beach decking and you can use their sun beds and umbrellas for the price of a drink. We stay at Blue Sky Studios and I know you you will be welcome to use the pool there if you buy drinks from the bar. Prepare to be addicted!!!

8. Re: Nikki's Seafront Studio's And Other Questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Petra
Recent Conversations