We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches in Petra

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches in Petra

We are staying at the Nakellis apartements in early July and are just wondering what the beach in Petra is like. Wonderning if its sandy, shingle etc. Any comments would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches in Petra

Hi hayley

Beach in petra is fairly coarse sand, with some pretty hefty large pebbles/ rocks for the first couple of metres in the sea, then flat smooth sand underfoot. There's usually a strong breeze also so often some good waves! All the tavernas along the beach road have decking and sun beds / umbrellas that you can use for the price of a drink. I think Anaxos is the better sandy beach, but we prefer Petra.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches in Petra

Hey and welcome Hayley G:-) Petra is a wonderful Town.. but have to agree that it's beach is not one of it's attributes;-) Mostly shingle.. and rocks/seaweed.. not clear water here.. and doesn't come close to other swimming spots on the isle. or in Greece in general! Having said that, if looking for a beach vaca, would look elsewhere .. if not, Petra itself is fabulous;-) EnJOY!

wigan
Level Contributor
354 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches in Petra

Yes I agree with Litsa but if you drive Vatra and Govathas is great, not been to Govathas for a while , but no bad places in lesvos just take it has it comes enjoy . Dave

uk
Level Contributor
374 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches in Petra

We were in Petra this May ... Have to say this year the beach seemed much better for some reason than last... Water was clear and beach clean, we used the free sun beds ( if you make a purchase ) at the little mermaid ... It's not a Skiathos type beach but it really is quite pleasant .

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
175 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches in Petra

have found the beach/sea shoes help when getting in/out of the sea at Petra. them pebbles are quite tricky when exiting the sea and have made me look a fool more than once. enjoy Petra

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches in Petra

thank you for your reply, will make sure I pack my beach shoes.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches in Petra

thank you for your response, will look out for the little mermaid.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches in Petra

we might hire a car and explore the areas you mentioned. thanks for your reply

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches in Petra

Hi, thanks for your reply. We are looking for ward to a relaxing week in Petra, from all the replies I have seen to my orginal message Petra sounds like a lovely place.

Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beaches in Petra

Petra wasn't to bad last year but beach at Anaxos is much better but resorts are close enough about 15 mins brisk walk away bus also goes from Petra to Anaxos . If you hire a car go into Anaxos to Costa car hire his wife Alison will give you some good info re beaches . Guavathias is lovely . If you haven't been to Lesbos I'm sure you will be hooked what dates are you there !!

Get answers to your questions about Petra
Recent Conversations