We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun Palace Aquapark 2012

Yorks
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sun Palace Aquapark 2012

Thomas cook have said that the hotel aquapark is not going ahead now, can somebody confirm please

many thanks

nick

Birmingham
Level Contributor
854 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun Palace Aquapark 2012

I asked Thomas Cook they said the same, but Thomsons/First Choice say it is!

Does anyone know?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun Palace Aquapark 2012

Hi there

If they doesn't show up here, try sending a PM to either tpebopfaliraki or HolidayBear73, both of whom live on the island and should be able to answer your question.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
854 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun Palace Aquapark 2012

Thanks, will do.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
854 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun Palace Aquapark 2012

Should have added wonderd if Frist Choice's price would go down for the Sun Palce if no water park.Thomas Cook only doing 7 or 14 nights First Choice doing 10 which I wanted.

Edited: 29 December 2011, 10:21
cumbria
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sun Palace Aquapark 2012

Hi

I heard somewhere that first choice are now only doing AI holidays?

Not sure if it's correct though

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sun Palace Aquapark 2012

Yes Roo, you are correct although they still offer brochures for other affiliated tour companies if you prefer to go SC, HB or whatever. But if you want to go with First Choice, then that's all they will offer you which I think is short-sighted of them, and does nothing to support the local economies of beleagured countries such as Greece.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
cumbria
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sun Palace Aquapark 2012

Hi GB

I totally agree with your comments regarding AI holidays!

As you say it does nothing to help the locals.

I have tried AI once, but it's not for me! I think that first choice really are limiting themselves for choice by only having AI accommodation.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sun Palace Aquapark 2012

On the First Choice web site there are ' photos ' of the planned water park due to open in May 2012

Its one of Their Splash World parks

Interesting the web site says its exclusive to First Choice guests but other nationalities may be admitted

Not sure how they will control that idea

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,866 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sun Palace Aquapark 2012

Although it does sound a bit short sighted First Choice are now part of TUI so no longer really a tour operator in their own right. I guess It's just a way of clubbing the bulk of the group's AI hotels together in one brochure which might well work.

Certainly not my thing though and as It's been said doing nothing for the local economy when you hear that some guests never leave the complex.

Regarding the aqua park, if First Choice have exclusivity then the conflicting reports from Thomas Cook make sense. It's not so much, not being built as not available to Thomas Cook but if they tell you that, it does little for their bookings.

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sun Palace Aquapark 2012

I agree with Marcus Thomas Cook and FirstChoice/Tui are major rivals...and there has been some press recently about Thomas Cook having to make cut backs so it's no surprise they will be intent on maximising their own profits not 'helping' customers to spend their money or chance introducing them to the 'delights' of a rival's resort and risk losing a future customer-This is war so to speak!

The bit about 'other nationalities' makes sense too...Tui is a German company and I'm sure they would consider their customers as potential FirstChoice guests..even if it was only to make up the numbers if a holiday wasn't selling as well as they hoped..maybe one of the lucrative 'extras' could be an early morning sunbed reservation service ;0)

Get answers to your questions about Faliraki