We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still worth going?

Which Faliraki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Still worth going?

My and a friend of mine are looking at some holidays for September next year, and Faliraki came up in the discussion. Has anyone been recently? If so what is it like now? Is it still worth going there? I know it's died down from what it used to be like

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
5,962 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Still worth going?

Lee . As you said there are many bars in Faliraki.Not all drinks are watered down.

Climax,Vibes,Kelly's in Bar Street .The Loft & Georges in Club Street to name a few are OK.

There will be others but I have not been in all the Bars..

Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Still worth going?

Climax served some of the most watered down rubbish I have ever tasted haha .. I'm sure there is other decent bars there that I didn't find as I was only there for a week and I would go back to faliraki but I would steer more towards the beach bars and not really bother with bar st

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
5,962 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Still worth going?

I will tell Steve the owner of Climax what you said about his drinks.

Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Still worth going?

Tell away I aren't bothered .. His drinks are watered down and that's fact , not my problem !

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Still worth going?

We went to Faliraki and could not believe how quiet it was, we've been to Kardamena, Laganas, Malia, Magaluf, Napa etc and were really shocked how dead Faliraki was, it's as if 18 -30 's deserted it and it has not reinvented itself, in bar street on a Friday or Saturday evening there were more touts than customers.

It was without a doubt the most disappointing resort we visited.

Kingston upon...
Level Contributor
369 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Still worth going?

Here's Barry again, running the place down as usual.

How come Barry you wrote a very negative comment about your visit to Faliraki a few years ago, then last year you went back again, I do find it strange that having had such a bad experience you returned to the resort.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Still worth going?

Vince you asked that previously and I said that I was in Rhodes so visited Faliraki to see if it had sorted itself out, it had not, it was very run down, many closed bars and a general tired / worn out feel.

It's not my fault that's the way it is and others have expressed similar views, the place is just past it. There's lots of better resorts around and indeed better resorts on Rhodes.

11 posts
Save Reply
38. Re: Still worth going?

ive just booked a holiday to faliarki.. if it is as bad as you say where else in rhodes can i go??

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Still worth going?

Depends what you want from a holiday Mat, Pefkos is nice, so is Rhodes town, but if you want a "party atmosphere" then Rhodes is the wrong island nowadays. When we first went there we could not believe how dead it was and that was md June so it should have been lively, we came over on the ferry direct from a few days in Kos which was really lively and we all expected faliraki to be even more lively, unfortunately it wasn't.

Kingston upon...
Level Contributor
369 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Still worth going?

Barry, you just keep cutting an pasting the same negative comments from years back, as you have said previously you went to another resort and returned to Faliraki. although no sure if your return was during the day or night, you never said?

Faliraki has never been the most glamorous of resorts at the best of times, and yes it can look a bit shabby during the day, a bit like Kavos, Malia etc, however it still has night life which young people enjoy as you can see on several posts last year if you read back.

Get answers to your questions about Faliraki
Recent Conversations