We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport to Rhodes Town

Which Rhodes Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
2 posts
Save Topic
Taxi from airport to Rhodes Town

I have been quoted £61 return to pre-book a taxi to and from the airport to Mitses Grand in Rhodes Town.

Seems a lot to me and, if we were arriving during the day I would not consider it and would just jump in a taxi when we arrive.

However, we only arrive 02:10. Would it be easy to get an 'un-booked' taxi at the airport at that time? I know at the UK airports this wouldn't be a problem but I don't know this airport.

Anybody know?

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,301 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from airport to Rhodes Town

It will be easy and alot cheaper too! Taxis are waiting just outside the door to arrivals at all hours flights are landing.

Not taken a taxi from the airport to town for a long time but i think you'd be talking 15 euros max each way.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
255 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from airport to Rhodes Town

Hi

Back in January we paid 14 euros each way from airport to Rhodes Town. We've never had a problem with not pre-booking taxis but we don't go high season.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from airport to Rhodes Town

Hi there

It just goes to show how much the hotels rip you off for transfers and they have you believe they're doing you a great service!

It'll be 15 euros max from the airport into Rhodes Town, times 2 for return trip equals 30 euros or twenty quid, so a third of what the hotel have quoted you. There will always be cabs waiting for a fare irrespective of the time as long as inbound flights are expected.

UK
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from airport to Rhodes Town

Thank you all for your replies - very helpful!

Cheers

St Albans
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from airport to Rhodes Town

The good thing about getting a taxi from the airport, and all official taxi ranks, is that the prices are set and displayed on a board. This way you know what you are paying up-front.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,001 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from airport to Rhodes Town

The rate on the board was 16 euros last year, Rhodes airport to centre of town, and that's what I paid, however at night there is a higher tarif so you may pay more. Taxis are very well aware of flight arrivals so should not be a problem at 02:30. Even in a worse case scenario taxis will arrive with people for early morning flights.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from airport to Rhodes Town

I have just arrived back from Rhodes Town and it was only 18 Euros from airport to just outside the far end of the old town.

clayton le moors...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from airport to Rhodes Town

I am just wondering how much it would be for 5 persons to pastida would cost

Brimich942com@aol.com

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from airport to Rhodes Town

Hi,

Pastida is about 6km from the airport so expect to pay around 5-6 euros each way per taxi. With 5 people you will need two taxis.

Cheers,

Dave.

SP-Brazil
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from airport to Rhodes Town

I used the 'search' feature and found this thread.

Have same question. Because I was quoted 70 euro for each trip to/from airport to town. For this price, I was considering taking a bus which I would expect to pay 10-15 euros.

Also, how much would the rides cost in Athens?