We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights in November

Sydney
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Flights in November

Is everything closed in Kos or Rodes in November, including flights to Athens ?.

The only flight that I can find that goes from Kos to Athens or Rhodes/Athens is for Oct 29.

Regards

Gary

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,342 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights in November

No, there are regular flights and ferries from Kos or Rhodes to Athens/Piraeus all year. You are probably just too early for November onwards.

Rhodes
Level Contributor
393 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights in November

As Retired_Hippy says there are regular flights and ferries throughout the year from both Kos and Rhodes to Athens. If you book early enough you may get a return flight for as little as 50 euros.

With regard to things being closed, I can only inform you about Rhodes but would expect Kos to be the same.

Whilst the out and out resorts are wrapped up in plastic at the end of October the rest of the island is open for business. The museums and outdoor sites are open all year round.

If you visit in November you will get the opportunity to tour the island and see it's beauty. There are many traditional villages which will give you a taste of real Greek life. I would recommend Afandou as a great central point to stay and there is accommodation available all year round.

Afandou is a traditional Greek village that has some tourism in the summer and therefore most of the bar and restaurant owners speak good English.

November in Rhodes can be unexpectedly warm with temperatures that can be in the low 20s, the sea is still warm enough to swim in and the beaches are empty.

I hope you make it to Rhodes.

3. Re: Flights in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2011, 05:25