We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Parking Rhodes Town

England
Level Contributor
401 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Car Parking Rhodes Town

Hi - Will be coming into Rhodes Town from Lindos, not been since 1991, can anyone give us any idea of where to park close to the Old Town - do we need coins for car park machines?

Any tips would be much appreciated!

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,832 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Parking Rhodes Town

There is FREE parking @ Mandraki along the road by the windmills

Not an option tho for most of the summer

To be honest I would take the bus from Lindos & save the hassel of looking for ANY car parking

Machines do take notes by the way

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Parking Rhodes Town

Hi there

We have usually been lucky enough to find a space by the windmills, this is on the right hand ( eastern) side of Mandraki harbour. If you get there and find a gap, I'd advise doing the u-turn first before you park as it may be hard to turn later on in the day.

flickr.com/photos/…set-72157627696714144

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,832 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Parking Rhodes Town

Graham.Have you ever been on Rhodes in high summer ?

Even the paid for spaces fill up usually b 4 10 AM

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Parking Rhodes Town

Hi Guys,

We're in Lindos mid July and will be hiring a car, as the parking sounds iffy in Rhodes Town is there anywhere on the outskirts that we could park up for the day and taxi in to the centre?

Thanks for any info

Stu

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Parking Rhodes Town

There's plenty of free parking the other side of town Stu, around Orfandinou/Bar St area. You wouldn't even need a taxi, maybe 10-15 minutes walk.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Parking Rhodes Town

Thanks Marcus we'll have a look at that when we're over there.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Parking Rhodes Town

Yes, I have, several times, and we try to get there by 10am, and on that basis, have always managed to find a space. Maybe we've just been lucky, but we drove to RT last year and arrived at midday, admittedly in September, and drove straight into a space by the windmills.

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Parking Rhodes Town

Drive to Faliraki and get the bus, that would be a half decent idea, or you could drive into Rhodes and as you come into the 'suburbs' you can park at the big AB supermarket, there's a bus stop out on the main road you just turned off of. There's also a lot of free kerbside parking in the residential streets in Rodini, if you take the coast road through Kalithea to Rhodes you'll see a football ground and then the war cemetery on your right just after you pass the ship repair yards, opposite there is an estate where all the roads are named after cities, in the day there's parking galore there but you'd have to walk back to either of the 2 main roads and catch a bus. Also loads of empty spaces in Zefiros near to bus stops.

There's a pay and display with coin meters in Rhodes right by where the buses terminate on Papagou str, if you're heading down the road towards the Agora it's on the right just before the turning on the left that goes towards the bus stops and the main new town shops. As Trev said there's loads of parking along Mandraki but unless you're either there VERY early or have a moped forget it.

Edited: 13 May 2012, 15:33
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Parking Rhodes Town

Thanks for the info HB, that's given me a couple of options.

Edited: 13 May 2012, 19:30
Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Parking Rhodes Town

If you already have a car, travelling to Rhodes Town by bus rather than using your car seems a pessimistic attitude. You will always be able to find a parking space; you just may need to be patient during peak times.

I don’t know if policing of parking controls in Rhodes Town have changed since my last visit in July and August 2011, but very few people seemed to buy the pay and display parking tickets, which I found very frustrating as I always diligently paid whenever I was parking!

Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town
Recent Conversations