We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat hire

gloucester
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boat hire

Can you hire boats from the beaches in Rhodes like you can in Corfu?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,919 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat hire

Do you have a particular place in mind? I believe boats can be hired from Pefkos for example. I think it depends on the likely sea conditions from the resort in question; if it is likely to be rough, then no-one will offer boats for hire and vice versa.

Rhodes
Level Contributor
394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat hire

I know that boats can be hired from the beaches of Faliraki, Kolymbia and Stegna also.

The people renting them out seem to let them go even if it is a bit rough but I think that you want to check the wind direction as many times it can look ok on the beach but is rougher offshore. If you are going to spend out you would want to enjoy it.

From Stegna you could get to red sands beach.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
29 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat hire

Hi sorry I am joining this conversation. ..we are getting married in may in kolymbia. Can you give me any company names for boat hire that may do a 2 hour cruise for the wedding party? Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,875 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat hire

We went on a cruise from lindos to a beach near haraki. Only get there by boat. check out summer breeze cruise.com they are based in lindos by St Paul's bay chapel. You can take your own food and drink .stops for about 45 minutes for a swim etc.

Rhodes
Level Contributor
394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat hire

I would recommend the Monachus which is based at the little harbour in Kolymbia.

It can take up to 20 people and is a large converted traditional Greek fishing boat. The boat has been used for several weddings.

Edited: 12 January 2014, 06:20
6. Re: Boat hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town
Recent Conversations