We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greek night and dinner - worth it ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Greek night and dinner - worth it ?

I see a lot of excursions called greek dinner & dance performance... ranging from 35 to 65 euro's per person with pick up and drop at hotel. I am in Rhodes one night and although would love to experience this, just wondering if its worth the price. are there any places in rhodes itself that do dinner & dance show or may be just dance with a drink or something. just want to get another opinion on this... as I've read a few reviews that say don't bother with it.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,570 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greek night and dinner - worth it ?

It can be a fun night but It's more about the entertainment than the food, which is mass catering and often mediocre at best. For one night I'd perhaps be more tempted to wander the old town, take in the atmosphere and pick a restaurant that you like the look of.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greek night and dinner - worth it ?

Hey again travelcrazy2013:-) So you are overnighting in Rhodes?;-) Just got you on your other post.. so with a noon arrival, would certainly head to Lindos for the afternoon.. chances are you'll be back in Rhodes Old Town by around 5p or so.. plenty of time to walk around, explore, grab a bite (totally agree with Marcus C.. find a place YOU like.. those evening dinner/entertainment packages are too touristy if you ask me;-) Nonetheless, IMO, you've got time for both with an overnight;-) Have fun.. and enJOY!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Greek night and dinner - worth it ?

oh something about breaking plates and shouting caught my attention about this entertainment :) was not expecting much in terms of food, but it the entertainment is good, it might feel worth the time and effort. thanks for the reply and information

4. Re: Greek night and dinner - worth it ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town