We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far a walk from Jewish Quarter to Rustica Tavern?

Which Rhodes Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
635 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
How far a walk from Jewish Quarter to Rustica Tavern?

We are being dropped off at Jewish Quarter entrance near cruise ships. Our tour guide suggested Hatzikelis restaurant nearby, but it looks to fancy and expensive for us. I think the Taverna Rustica is a better choice for us, but tour guide thought it would be too far to walk and back. We would be arriving around 1:00 pm by the J. Q. entrance. For someone who has walked from J.Q. towards Masters Palace direction (where Rustica is located) how long did it take to walk there? If it really is too difficult, then I guess we will eat at Hatzikelis. Thanks. Anita

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far a walk from Jewish Quarter to Rustica Tavern?

Anita,

Rustico is at the opposite end of the Old Town but you could still comfortably walk it in around 15 to 20 minutes. Ask for directions to Socratous (main tourist shopping street) and once on Socratous keep heading up hill toward the mosque at the top and then bear left onto Ippodamou - Rustico is on your left.

Cheers,

Dave.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
635 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far a walk from Jewish Quarter to Rustica Tavern?

Dave, thanks for the response. The tour guide said it was a difficult uphill 15 minute walk. So it will be a 30 minute walk back to cruise ship But that would be downhill, right?

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,228 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far a walk from Jewish Quarter to Rustica Tavern?

It isn't that much up-hill. It is more like a street that is not level. I guess you have to "climb" max 25 metres.

Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far a walk from Jewish Quarter to Rustica Tavern?

Anita,

You are correct, the return walk from Rustico will all be down hill.

A visit to Rustico does involve an uphill walk for approximately the last 10 minutes of the walk, but it is lined by some great shops and the walk will become more like a gentle stroll as you browse the shops.

jamkart

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
635 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far a walk from Jewish Quarter to Rustica Tavern?

Thanks all.

cumbria
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How far a walk from Jewish Quarter to Rustica Tavern?

Hi

I have just seen your post and Rustico I think is owned by the same people who run Romeo Restaurant.

Romeos would not be as long a walk as you walk up Sokratous and turn off down Menekleous Street. So it would save you a little time and you would not have

to walk all the way up the hill.

They also play live music it's open from 12.00 everyday.

I hope I'm correct in what I've told you, but I'm sure Davenjo and jamkart will correct me if I'm wrong..

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How far a walk from Jewish Quarter to Rustica Tavern?

Roo-Rider,

Yes, Rustico and Romeo Garden (not to be confused with another restaurant fairly close by in the Old Town calling itself Romio) are connected. For a lunchtime I think I would choose Rustico over Romeo - tends to have a bit more atmosphere in the day - evenings not a lot to choose between them.

Cheers,

Dave.

cumbria
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How far a walk from Jewish Quarter to Rustica Tavern?

Thanks for that Dave

I must admit I have never been to Rustico, but have been to Romeos many times, but only in the evening. Maybe this year we will try it.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
635 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How far a walk from Jewish Quarter to Rustica Tavern?

Roo-rider. I just looked at the menu for Romeos--Thanks for mentioning. We just want a very light lunch-salad, light Greek meal for a reasonable price. This looks fine as well. What concerns me is that Romeos seems to have some bad reviews. But for a light lunch, it looks just fine for us. So would you say it is no more then a 5-10 minute walk from the gate by cruise port? So we make our way to Socrates street and then Menekleos. We just want a pleasant lunch- nothing fancy as close to the Jewish Quarter area as possible around 1:15 pm on a Wed.

cumbria
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How far a walk from Jewish Quarter to Rustica Tavern?

Hi

I would say it is perhaps a 15 min walk... Problem is there are so many things to stop and look at as you walk up to Romeos..

I can honestly say that I have never had a bad meal there! But I have not eaten lunch there.

There are many other restaurants just off Sokratous Street, if you look down the side streets as you walk up, so this could save you some time.

I wish I was better at remembering names..

But I hope this will have been if some help.

Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town
Recent Conversations