We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from the airport to Old Town

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
394 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from the airport to Old Town

I have read that a taxi from the airport to the Old Town is about 23 Euros, and the bus is about 3 Euros, however, it won't go all the way to the Old Town. If I take the bus into the city, about how much would a taxi cost from the bus station to the Old Town? I imagine it would be easy to get a taxi from there. Would you recommend this, or is it best to simply take a taxi from the airport?

(I'll be arriving at the airport at 10:30 on a Saturday morning.) Thank you!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transportation from the airport to Old Town

have the rules changed then,at one time taxis and locals were allowed into the old town,i have seen both not many though.also taken from a post GB wrote himseff

(How can Rhodes Old Town be noisy? - no vehicles are allowed in except for taxis and the locals who flaunt the "no motors" rule)

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Transportation from the airport to Old Town

Taxis might come into the Old Town but in a very few select areas - at the end of it, many streets are way too narrow to accommodate a car anyway and are so packed with pedestrians, that driving along them would be very dangerous.

13. Re: Transportation from the airport to Old Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town
Recent Conversations