We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Spanikopita in my life and it was in Rhodes Town!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Best Spanikopita in my life and it was in Rhodes Town!

I was talking to the greeter (the person who tries to get you to go into the restaurants) at Symposium. I told him that I was looking for some good spaniikopita & he said, in an impressed manner and a smile on his face, "what do you know about spanikopita?" I explained that I had an Armenian boyfriend whose mother made it. He grabbed my hand and said, "Nikki makes the best spanikopita on the Island". It wasn't on the menu, and Nikki said that it would take about 40 minutes for her to make because she had to roll out the dough , etc. I had the Rhodos salad while I waited and some wine. The salad was so fresh & the tomatoes were incredibly flavorful - just delicious. Then that spanikopita came out & OMG! My mother and I both couldn't get past how good it was. The spinach was so fresh and had excellent flavor. The dough was perfect! Nikki said that her grandmother taught her how to make it. Her grandmother did a great job! This meal has been the highlight our trip so far. Even my cab driver said that I would not find good food in Old Rhodes Town. What a surprise!

Kelso
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Spanikopita in my life and it was in Rhodes Town!

When did the Symposium re-open? It was closed on my last two visits to Rhodes.

Bob

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Spanikopita in my life and it was in Rhodes Town!

Bob. They are reporting on the Taverna in Rhodes Town

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Spanikopita in my life and it was in Rhodes Town!

Yes it was in Old Town. The address on the card is Archelaou 3, Old Town Rhodes

Kelso
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Spanikopita in my life and it was in Rhodes Town!

Yes, that's the one I meant. It was closed in 2012 with some graffiti blaming the banks for Greece's problems.

Bob

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Spanikopita in my life and it was in Rhodes Town!

I'm quite glad it was open!

6. Re: Best Spanikopita in my life and it was in Rhodes Town!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town
Recent Conversations