We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive in Rhodes old town

Coventry
Level Contributor
147 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive in Rhodes old town

Hi there

Could anyone recommend a good hotel that does all inclusive and situated in the old town.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Wongo

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,787 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive in Rhodes old town

AI hotels in Greece tend to be large modern places in their own grounds with a pool etc. - none of which you will find in Rhodes Old Town, which is full of narrow and often cobbled streets, and very old buildings. I'm not sure if there are even any AI hotels in the new town - I don't think there is much call for it, as there are literally hundreds of places to eat and drink, most of which will be of far better quality than the majority of AI hotels.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Coventry
Level Contributor
147 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive in Rhodes old town

Thank you for your reply.

I have noticed that the Mitsis Grand and Petit Palais in the old town have all inclusive. Not sure of any other hotels.

I was wondering if anyone had been to either of these and could advise me.

Thanks

Wongo

Mentioned in this post
Mitsis Grand Hotel
Mitsis Grand Hotel
2,672 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,866 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive in Rhodes old town

Neither of those hotels are in the Old Town Wongo, though they are in walking distance. As Steve says, they're smaller, independent hotels in the Old Town, I'd be very surprised if any offer AI.

Coventry
Level Contributor
147 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive in Rhodes old town

Oh I see. I didn't realise that.

Thanks

Wongo

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive in Rhodes old town

Mitsis Grand is very nice - not stayed there as AIs are killing restaurants and bars - but if you insist then its well situated for new and old town. For the old town, think the Shambles in York, then imagine it with a big AI hotel...

Edited: 16 January 2014, 12:27
Mentioned in this post
Mitsis Grand Hotel
Mitsis Grand Hotel
2,672 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
York
York
North Yorkshire, UK
Coventry
Level Contributor
147 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive in Rhodes old town

Thank you.

I love the Shambles.

Wongo

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive in Rhodes old town

Hi,I stayed A I at the Mitsis Petit Palais 2 years ago,purely because I was travelling alone and felt a bit self conscious of eating out alone! However,although it is a very nice hotel and I have no negative comments about it ,I think self catering or bed and breakfast is far better in Greece because of the many fantastic and cheap places to eat.Going back to Rhodes in June but B+B this time! Have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Mitsis Petit Palais Beach Hotel
Mitsis Petit Palais...
815 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
8. Re: All inclusive in Rhodes old town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 05:15