We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhodes town visit, avoid big cons in town - timeshare reps!!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Rhodes town visit, avoid big cons in town - timeshare reps!!

Went to explore Rhodes town for the day in July 2014 and unfortunately came across 'timeshare reps'. I am in my twenty's and never heard of timeshares sadly until experiencing salesmen being overly friendly and false in order to gain timeshare contracts. The company is completely corrupt in how they deal with their apparent 'customers'. We were given scratch cards with 5 categories of prizes. On one scratch card it ticked 3 gold coins (meaning the highest prize). The BSing salesman from Manchester acted genuinely pleased to see English people to have a quick, friendly laugh and chat with and then acted astonished when we had won the highest prize that's awarded. After being told the taxi journey would take 5 or 6 minutes to get to the 'resort' it actually took a twenty minute taxi ride and we knew then we obviously would not get a prize for nothing but wanted to find out what it was all about. The whole company is a sham and they are very deceiving in not telling you what you are actually getting in to. Luckily a taxi was demanded upon arriving at their offices - not the hotel resort they promised with refreshments! (apart from a tiny glass of warm water). There are many things that were wrong with this company, they DO NOT tell you its a timeshare. If they literally said - timeshares is what we are all about here's what we would like you to see blah blah. Not disguising the whole thing as a winning scratch card with a nice looking prize to be awarded after looking at a hotel for advertising purposes (along with many other hidden cons!!)

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhodes town visit, avoid big cons in town - timeshare reps!!

I agree with you entirely, it happened to us years ago, when we arrived by the taxi to resort they keep you there for hours offering you tea coffee, we found out it was timeshares and just left, so beware, its all a con.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rhodes town visit, avoid big cons in town - timeshare reps!!

I agree with you entirely, it happened to us years ago, when we arrived by the taxi to resort they keep you there for hours offering you tea coffee, we found out it was timeshares and just left, so beware, its all a con.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rhodes town visit, avoid big cons in town - timeshare reps!!

Thank you. Yes they are, I really hope if people do come across them, they will realise as soon as we did what the sales people are getting you in to.

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rhodes town visit, avoid big cons in town - timeshare reps!!

This has been going on for many years.

We "won" first prize on a scratch card in Rethymnon on Crete in 2001 after almost having one forced into my wife's hand, cue much high fiving and displays of astonished delight from the English bloke hawking the cards. He was very put out when we told him we weren't interested and he could keep our winnings for himself!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rhodes town visit, avoid big cons in town - timeshare reps!!

It's all about greed on both sides ....

UK
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rhodes town visit, avoid big cons in town - timeshare reps!!

Quote: 'It's all about greed on both sides ....'

But lies and corruption on only one!

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rhodes town visit, avoid big cons in town - timeshare reps!!

This is one part of my holiday I never look forward to. It's so important that everyone does their research on stuff like this as it wastes time you should be enjoying. Usually I'm just blunt with them and if they don't take the hint first time, a sterner selection of words and phrases usually gets rid of them pretty quickly.

8. Re: Rhodes town visit, avoid big cons in town - timeshare reps!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town
Recent Conversations