We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants in october and one I cant remember!

Poole
Level Contributor
200 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants in october and one I cant remember!

hello.

can anyone help me? I went to Ixia 2 years ago. I stayed at the Oceanis. I remember turning left outdise and I think I went past coconuts. I saw this old sign saying food lovers gormet come this way. ended up in this little restaurant abit lacey..not modern at all but had the most amazing meze meal ever. Anyone know where or what thi is and if still any good? My folks are off to ixia in october so doing some research for them. I think I also ate in Rhodes a place called Romeo??? Had to go through a passsage and choose between several restaurants and this one looked pretty. Can anyone suggest any places for dinner or lunch in ixia or Rhodes? Also just buy oceanis hotel there is a strip of restaurants with food boards outside and waiters trying to get you in. They dont look great but one of them was nice food and huge portions. Anyone know which one that might be?

Many Thanks

ljoy

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants in october and one I cant remember!

Hi,

The Ixia restaurant you describe is L'Gourmet we've not been there for a couple of years but it has been there and consistently good for quite a few years so expect it to still be there - most of the clientele are locals. Its in a side street off the main drag.

In the Old Town there are two Romeo restaurants - we can vouch for the original one towards the top of town (which sounds like the one you describe - its the sister restaurant of one of our favourites in Rhodes Town - Rustico) and one lower down - name spelt slightly different.

Cheers,

Dave.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants in october and one I cant remember!

hi

Jst got back from Ixia yesterday. We eat at Romeo on Tuesday and the food was excellent, also the place has a good atmosphere. To get there walk up the main street heading to the top and at a crossroads halfway turn left and it is on the left.

As far as restaurants in Ixia we tried Coconuts as people said it was Ok. It was disgraceful my wife's meal went back twice as the first time it was cold

(obviosly not in the microwave long enough) and even after 2 attempts it was awful. We drank and paid for the wine we had ordered and left. On the same strip there is a new place called something like Posiedonas it is an apartment complex with a restaurant at the front. Good food, reasonably priced music and dancing.

If you want a bar to drink in you use FBI bar they are so friendly, remember what you drink and generally look after you.

Any other questions let me know.

cumbria
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants in october and one I cant remember!

Hi

The restaurant you are talking about in Ixia is called L'Gourmet. It is still there, as we planned on eating there this year, but the kids all wanted to go back to the Old Town!!

There are some small signs showing you which side street to turn up, but you will have to keep a look out for them, as they are quite small.

We also ate a couple of times at Romeo's, Great Food!!! well worth paying a visit.

Poole
Level Contributor
200 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants in october and one I cant remember!

hey guys, thanks a bunch to you all. That was fast and you lot know your stuff! Im really glad you all knew what I was on about. I just want it to be great for my mum and dad as my mum has spent last couple of years having brain operations and they deserve a good break.

Thank you.

ljoy x

5. Re: restaurants in october and one I cant remember!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2010, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town
Recent Conversations