We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Traveller

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Solo Traveller

Hi all. Really fancy a break in the sun after our beautiful British summer! Is Ixia somewhere I would feel comfortable on holiday alone, or is it a very coupley resort? I am forty something and looking for somewhere quiet, beautiful, but with plenty to do and explore. Plus nice restaurants. Was thinking of staying at The Natalie. Thoughts please......

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Solo Traveller

ha ha ! l always thought you were male !

Northumberland
Level Contributor
66 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Solo Traveller

As a couple we loved our holidays abroad and it was something to look forward to every year. When my husband died 8 years ago I didn't see any reason to stop having holidays. I've been on several solo holidays now and loved them all. Menorca twice, Symi twice, Halki, Paxos, Corfu twice (paleokastritsa is beautiful), Santorini, Dominican Republic and Kefalonia. Yes it does take a lot of courage the first time and you do get some funny looks and insensitive comments sometimes but as my mum used to tell me "Head up - shoulders back - and smile". That's got me through so many situations in life! Lol. The worst ( and saddest) part is going into a full restaurant and asking for a table for one - but once you get over that hurdle it's plain sailing from there on. Loved every moment and met some wonderful people. So no more "Hello wall". - there is a big world out there waiting to be explored ...... In my case one little Greek island at a time! Go for it

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Solo Traveller

Just booked to go back to Lindos end of August..happy Lindian days! I'm of an age now I don't care what anyone thinks. I'm off to Thailand on Wednesday. Travelling solo but then going to visit my brother and family. Now I no longer work, the world's my oyster. Lindos is the pearl! Enjoy your travels!

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
84 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Solo Traveller

Hi so sorry not been on here for a while and just noticed your post. I booked a holiday to Parga in Greece with Solo Holidays but it has just been cancelled as the hotel has pulled out of solo holidays. I am going to have another look at the mistral hotel. Did you get you holiday booked, Diane

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,357 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Solo Traveller

Hi there, oh that's a pity. Parga supposed to be stunning. Fingers crossed you get something else. Lindos for me, 5 weeks on Saturday. Can't wait x

Edited: 18 July 2013, 02:52
Manchester, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
36. Re: Solo Traveller

I'm going to rhodes for a few days solo in sept...I go travelling solo a lot and am young and engaged. Your friends and partner don't always have the time, money or inclination to join. I found taking a book or journal to dinner helped at first but now I just go and enjoy my meal. It's a nice chill out time. I think couples who look at me with pity are the sad ones. Some people can't do anything on their own and that is worse. The best things is that you can do as you please...completely selfish travel. I love the adventure.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Solo Traveller

l'm staying at The Nathalia for my last nights holiday.5 - 16th Sept (Symi for the holiday) so wont know until then..but the revies are good, and the price for a single room was excellent !

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
38. Re: Solo Traveller

Glad you posted this. I'll be traveling solo the 1st week in October. Hopefully most everything is still open. I haven't travelled since my divorce & I'm tired of waiting! Is this too late in the year to go? I'll be staying at a resort in Ialyssos. Good area?

39. Re: Solo Traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town
Recent Conversations