We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swords in Rhodes

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Swords in Rhodes

My teenage son would like to buy a sword while in Rhodes. We have only seen a cheap 3 euro option or an expensive 150 euro option. Does anyone know where to purchase an in between option?

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swords in Rhodes

There are a few shops along Socratous Street in the Old Town that sell swords though I'm guessing these are where you have seen the 3 euro and 150 euro options?

Dave.

Edited: 12 July 2013, 05:46
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swords in Rhodes

They probably were. We were in old town but for the most part just wondering around lost. When I told my son that Rhodes was medieval, he was expecting to see lots of knights and swords. Do you know if and where anyone dresses as nights or even where there is medieval show? Thanks for your help!

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swords in Rhodes

Hi,

There is a Medieval festival that started a few years ago and seems to be getting bigger every year - unfortunately you have missed this year's as it finished earlier this week. I'm not aware of any shows but wouldn't be surprised if someone was doing one somewhere.

There are a number of life sized model knights around the Old Town - walls of Roloi (clock tower), outside a couple of shops, etc.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Dave.

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swords in Rhodes

Don't know for Russia but in the most country's it's forbidden to take swords, knifes and so on in to the country

Kelso
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swords in Rhodes

Further to Jojo's comment, as you have to put each piece of hold baggage through the xray machine the sword might even be confiscated at the airport in Rhodes.

Bob

mid wales
Level Contributor
265 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swords in Rhodes

The shop would package and send the sword to your destination with the proper documentation. For a charge of course!

7. Re: Swords in Rhodes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town
Recent Conversations