We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Filerimos Acropolis of Iallyssos

Which Ialyssos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Holstebro, Denmark
Level Contributor
180 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Filerimos Acropolis of Iallyssos

Hi,

Having had Primotours.dk cancel our holiday to Syvota we have had to find something new.

First time to Rhodes for us & children aged 12 & 10.

So(1,) we are staying at the Forum Beach & would like to visit the Filerimos Acropolis. I have looked on google maps, it looks walkable, is it?

(2) We arrive May 4th so I don't expect it to be too hot?

(3) We have booked a superior room at the Forum Beach, is the hotel likely to be full at this time?

(4) As we arrive in the Easter holiday will shops, restaurants be open? & will there be any local festivities?

I know it's a selection of questions, sorry, any information, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Janice17

Rhodes Town, Greece
Level Contributor
858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Filerimos Acropolis of Iallyssos

Hi Janice17. I can answer some of your questions.

I. Filerimos is walkable - many people do it daily, but that kind of depends on you and your family. Is is Up a very steep hill. If you are all walkers / ramblers you'll love it. The views are amazing and it is well worth the trek. In previous seasons there has been a local "train" (it is not a real train, but is made to look like one) that goes up to the top of Filerimos.

2. May 4th will not be too hot, but it depends what you are used to.

3. Sorry, I would e-mail the hotel if this is important to you.

4. Yes, if you get out to the villages there will be lots going on, mostly on the Sunday. Banks etc will not be open on the Monday. Depending on your arrival time at Diagoras watch out for the priests bringing the sacred candle light to the island on the Saturday.

Please take the opportunity to get out of your hotel complex on the Sunday - Greek Easter is very special.

Holstebro, Denmark
Level Contributor
180 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Filerimos Acropolis of Iallyssos

Thankyou, We like to walk, not quickly as I have arthritis but managed Pythagorion, Samos which was hilly:-)

Flight arrives at 11:00. Look forward to the Sunday:-)

Hoping for temps around 22/23 :-)

Thanks again

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,095 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Filerimos Acropolis of Iallyssos

You can get an idea of Filerimos in this album:

http://tinyurl.com/cja8gl

Holstebro, Denmark
Level Contributor
180 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Filerimos Acropolis of Iallyssos

Thankyou. Looks lovely. Are there usually peacocks there? My daughter adores them:-)

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,095 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Filerimos Acropolis of Iallyssos

Yes - they are in the forest along the way to the cross.

Holstebro, Denmark
Level Contributor
180 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Filerimos Acropolis of Iallyssos

Super, thanks:-)

7. Re: Filerimos Acropolis of Iallyssos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Ialyssos
Recent Conversations