We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietri is very underrated!! A must see!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Vietri is very underrated!! A must see!

When traveling to Vietri, I was not prepared for what I was in store for. I had gone to visit my cousins. My father's side of the family is from Vietri, and this was the first time I was meeting my Italian family. I had been to other areas of the Amalfi Coast. Vietri is great! It is not as crowded with tourists, has a small town feel, has great sandy beaches unlike most of the rocky coast, and is the Italian capital of ceramics. I purchased many ceramics and most shops will bargain with you especially if you purchase a large amount. They have an outdoor concert are, which is covered with ceramic tiles and has a view of the ocean. I believe they do a summer opera series there. I may be a little biased in recommending the restaurant RistoPub Sud Est. It is owned by a few cousins of mine, but I can honestly say that it has some of the best food I've ever eaten. I am trying to convince my cousins to advertise here. They are on facebook. On a Wednesday night, this place was packed. Their mother makes many of the food and liqueur served here. Her limoncello, and eggplant parmigiana is outstanding! If you want authentic food from a family home, eat here!

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietri is very underrated!! A must see!

I agree - that little town is a great place to go to get away from the crowds. I spent a few hours there one day about 3 years ago.

I wonder if your cousin's place is where I ate lunch that day (I looked at the photo on its Facebook page and think it may have been, but don't know for sure). A man and wife seemed to run the place - there was no menu, the wife just asked what I'd like (offered some suggestions though) and then she went back and made it. I think I had three courses and some wine (all good) and when I was done the husband plopped down a piece of paper with nothing but "30" written on it!! So funny.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietri is very underrated!! A must see!

Agree also and loved eating in Salerno on good local food.

3. Re: Vietri is very underrated!! A must see!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2011, 08:25
Get answers to your questions about Vietri sul Mare