We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples airport to Atrani

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Naples airport to Atrani

Can anyone tell me the best way to get to Atrani from the airport and a rough idea of how much it will cost. I have looked at getting a private transfer but it is quite expensive. Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,931 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples airport to Atrani

Bus or taxi to Napoli Centrale (train station), catch the local train (Circumvesuviana) to Sorrento, SITA bus to Amalfi; I believe you would then change buses in Amalfi for the bus to Salerno to get to Atrani, but it is so so so close to Amalfi and walkable without bags; you may then want to just grab a taxi (after agreeing on price) from Amalfi to Atrani.

Depending on when you are coming, maybe there will be a ferry from Naples to Amalfi - I don't personally know but there are many posts on the Amalfi Coast forums that mention the various ferry companies and I'm sure someone here will come along with that info.

2. Re: Naples airport to Atrani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 April 2012, 18:29
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naples airport to Atrani

Sorry about that - had to withdraw my previous post, in which I'd rashly suggested checking the directions offered by nearby hotels.

I did so, and they're all shockingly bad.... amazing any of their guests ever arrive!

But I do now know where some of the most frequently repeated questions come from - especially "Where do I catch the Naples/Amalfi ferry?" !!!!

One or two suggestions in which I've more faith - first a map, just so we know where we are....

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/137183118

Atrani is much nearer to Salerno - to where there's a rather infrequent bus service from the airport...

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5002.pdf

Tickets €7, pay the driver - it leaves from just outside the main "Arrivals" exit:

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/114454837

Times never seem to change much - currently departures (from Mon to Sat only) at 09:30, 13:30, 15:30 and 19:30.

If any of those are of use, it would drop you on Piazza della Concordia in Salerno, only 3 or 4 minutes from the station...

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/132810174

And it's then from their stop immediately in front of the station exit that you'd catch another SITA bus - this time headed to Amalfi - getting off in Atrani after a ride of some 70 minutes...

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5120.pdf

Buy your ticket from the news stand, the €3.60 Unicocostiera - valid for 90 minutes after you stamp it in the machine on the bus...

www.unicocampania.it/index.php…

But if instead going via Sorrento, there's also a bus service (slightly more frequent, and even more so when summer proper arrives!) that goes there from the airport... much easier than going into Naples and taking the train!

For details, see:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187782-i162-k48…

Peter

4. Re: Naples airport to Atrani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2017, 11:18