We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples to Amalfi by Hydrofoil/Ferry

Turner, Maine
Level Contributor
527 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Naples to Amalfi by Hydrofoil/Ferry

Hello All,

We are traveling to Switzerland/Italy in September. As it stands now, we will be traveling to Atrani on Saturday the 20th. We are currently looking at hiring a private driver to get us from Naples to Atrani. However, as you might imagine, it's a little costly. But convenient. I have read that you can get a boat out of Naples to Amalfi. But have had very little luck finding anything. We will be arriving in Naples by train around noon.

I have seen this link in a few other posts:

www.metrodelmare.net

It takes me to what looks like a Japanese cooking web site. Thanks for any help. I am posting this on the Naples forum as well.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples to Amalfi by Hydrofoil/Ferry

Metro del Mare is not operating any more.

You can get to Atrani from Naples for 4.10 Euros by DIRECT SITA bus from Monday through Friday:

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5020.pdf

You can also get there by taking a Trenitalia unreserved regionale train from Naples to Salerno (4.10 Euros), then connnect to the hourly SITA bus to Atrani (3.80 Euros):

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5120.pdf

HINT: If you are arriving by train from Rome (or north of Rome), take the train (preferably a direct train not requiring a connection in Naples) all the way to SALERNO, then connect to the hourly bus to Atrani.

A private transfer by car from Naples to Atrani will cost around 120 Euros.

Edited: 11 February 2014, 22:40
Portland, OR
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
6,472 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naples to Amalfi by Hydrofoil/Ferry

You can also take the ferry from Salerno to Amalfi, then a taxi or short walk to Atrani.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naples to Amalfi by Hydrofoil/Ferry

Salerno (Concordia Dock, 800 meters from Salerno train station) to Amalfi (April through October ONLY):

www.coopsantandrea.it

The maritime service is subject to cancellation due to bad weather. In that case, take the SITA bus.

London, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naples to Amalfi by Hydrofoil/Ferry

Sorry to dredge up this (slightly) old topic, but I'm planning to catch a 10:30am flight at Naples Airport later this May, so it looks like from the SITA timetable above I can catch an early morning bus.

I'll be staying at Atrani - how do I read the timetable? I know its a silly question but I still haven't made head or tail!

What are the pick-up times at Atrani?

Where does it pick up from in Atrani?

How long is the bus journey to Naples?

Which Naples stop should I get off at, and do I then need to take another bus/train to the airport?

5. Re: Naples to Amalfi by Hydrofoil/Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2017, 13:18