We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sita Buses

Oldbury, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Sita Buses

Trying to get to grips with the fare system! We are staying in Furore in May but our apartment owner can meet us in Agerola. I have found a bus service from Naples to Agerola and the timetable, but can't work out how much this will cost as I can't find any recent information on this. The most recent I have fond was from 2009 when you could get a day ticket for €6, but it said this didn't include Naples. Any ideas anyone?

Mentioned in this post
Furore
Furore
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Agerola
Agerola
Province of Naples, Italy
Naples
Naples
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sita Buses

The all-day tickets have changed in price since then, and - on weekdays - are now 3x , rather than under double, the price of a single!

If starting from outside, or going beyond, the peninsula (as you would be, from Naples) - use the fare finder here:

www.unicocampania.it/index.php…

Looks like €3.40 for a single to Ageralo - but do click on the blue descriptions to see what each type of ticket covers, etc!

For journeys that don't take you further than the listed towns and villages, you'd instead need to have one or another version of this...

www.unicocampania.it/index.php…

OK?

Peter

PS... Have look through this for where to find SITA's current timetables now!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187782-i162-k51…

Edited: 14 April 2012, 12:03
Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Oldbury, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sita Buses

Thank you SO much!

Oldbury, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sita Buses

One more question if I may? the timetables just state general areas e.g. Naples - how d you know where the stop actually is?

Thanks in advance,

Cat

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sita Buses

SITA have a little depot on the waterfront, from where the buses set off....

Hopefully these three will help identify where it is!

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/122851273

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/122868493

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/128061635

That make sense?

Peter

Oldbury, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sita Buses

Thank you again :)

Oldbury, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sita Buses

Sorry, back again. We would be arriving at Naples Airport so would need to get a bus from there to the Sita Bus. I can see that there's one to Piazza Municipio, but that seems a long walk to the point on the map where you say the Sita buses stop, especially with luggage. Is there a closer bus, or would we be better off going on a different route? Maybeget a train part of the way? I'm sorry to be a nuisance

Oldbury, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sita Buses

Would I be right in thinking, if we got the circumvesuviana train from Rome to sorrento on a 3hr U5 ticket, we could then use the same ticket on buses to Furore/Agerola as long as was within the 3 hours?

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Agerola
Agerola
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sita Buses

For the first of those two....

It's not too long a walk actually!

From the airport, take the Alibus...

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/114454837

... and get off at its second stop, outside the opera house...

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/128061207

From there it's only 2 minutes walk from the landward side of the turreted castle in the lower left corner (see their circular roofs?)....

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/122851273

... from where it's then all downhill to the harbourside road, which you'd cross.... and then walk through the parking area there to the "B" that marks the bus depot.

Perhaps a kilometre in all - note the scale, and the size of the cruise ships!

No one-bus alternative, but - with baggage - we ourselves would probably opt for a taxi, which ought to cost about 19 Euro with the Fixed Tariff....

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/142141176

OK so far?

Peter

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sita Buses

I assume you meant Naples in "..circumvesuviana train from Rome to sorrento.." ?

You've a simpler way to get to Sorrento - run by 'Curreri Viaggi', it's a bus service that goes there from the airport....

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187782-i162-k48…

(However, that's run privately (pay the driver, €10), and isn't part of the UnicoCampania system!

Otherwise, Alibus (for which you'd have to pay the driver €3 for its special ticket, not covered by the ordinary ones) to its first stop, in Piazza Garibaldi - and then downstairs for the CV train....

Maybe one of us is having a geography failure, but I don't see any great advantage in there at all - as you'd still need a SITA bus to Amalfi, and then change onto one for Furore and Agerola?

I can't tell you much about either town, or quite where in each of them the various services operate from, but you might instead be able to take the CV (or the Curreri bus) as far as Castellammare, and then change to the appropriate SITA bus?

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5080.pdf

www.unicocampania.it/files/mappe/costiera.pdf

But I think my order of preference goes:

(a) Alibus or taxi to the Varco Immacolatella in Naples for one of these to Agerola...

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5080.pdf

(b) if its 10:30 departure happened to fit, SITA bus from the Varco Immacolatella through to Amalfi... then a bus or taxi to the villa, and meet the owner there

sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5020.pdf

(c) Curreri bus (or Alibus and CV train) to Sorrento, SITA bus to Amalfi, taxi to villa in Furore - again meeting the owner there?

Quite a schlepp that last one....

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/132567370

Adding up the times... Naples station to Sorrento, 1 hour... Sorrento to Amalfi, 90 minutes min.... Amalfi to Furore, 25 minutes - which is surely going to go over those 3 hours, with the waits and changes?

Peter

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Sorrento
Sorrento
Piazza Garibaldi
Piazza Garibaldi
185 Reviews
Naples, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Furore
Furore
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Agerola
Agerola
Oldbury, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sita Buses

Thank you again, you're a star! And yes, I meant Naples (was a bit frazzled by that point!).

What I meant by the question regarding the 3 hr ticket, was really just to confirm if you could use the same ticket on train and buses if it was within the time limit.

But you have been very helpful, thank you :)

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Get answers to your questions about Furore