We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tremezzo, Cadenabbia or Menaggio

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
37 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Tremezzo, Cadenabbia or Menaggio

Hi All, Can anyone shed some light as to which village would be better for making a base and stay for a couple nights, but still travel around the area. I will have a car as well. Thank you!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,418 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tremezzo, Cadenabbia or Menaggio

Menaggio is a bigger place a small Town really I would think it preferable,

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
535 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tremezzo, Cadenabbia or Menaggio

I'd agree with Sophie. If you'll have a car, you won't need to be tied to the public transport schedules so much and could consider a smaller town (Lenno? Varenna on the opposite shore, also served by car ferry?) or maybe the outskirts, up the hill a bit from of one of these. If you're set on a bigger town, though, Menaggio may suit you best as it will have more variety.

3. Re: Tremezzo, Cadenabbia or Menaggio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Tremezzina