We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter in Cadenabbia

Which Cadenabbia di Griante hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cumbria
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Winter in Cadenabbia

We have booked to go to Cedenabbia in early February. Does anyone know what the weather will be like? I am hoping for snow!

oxford
Level Contributor
23 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter in Cadenabbia

if you google the foloowing words bellagio webcam the grand hotel metropole website will come up click on that and you can see the area across around where you are staying. you can change the webcam by clicking on the menu at foot of the webcam san matrino is the tiny church up on the mountainside above griante which is the village behind cadenabbia hotel brittania excelsior. if you click on north lake view you can see the mountains just up the lake from bellgio.

i have seen a slight powder of snow like icing sugar ontop of sam martino once in january i used to click in regularly like weekly . we have holidayed in cadenabbia 6 times so know it quite well.

the high mountains will have snow on but down at lake level no cos the warmth from the lake keeps climate mild

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
530 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter in Cadenabbia

Any travel guide can give you general temperature ranges for that time of year, but no one will be able to tell you "what the weather will be like" with any certainty. You may well have snow (and, yes, in fact it does sometimes snow all the way down to the water's edge, though on that side of the lake lighter snowfalls usually melt off fairly quickly) as January-February is the most likely time (although we've been hit as early as late November), but there are obviously no guarantees. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! It's usually one of the most beautiful sights to look out over the landscape here after a good snowfall ...

3. Re: Winter in Cadenabbia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Cadenabbia di Griante