We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday in September

Which Cadenabbia di Griante hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
108 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday in September

We are visiting the area in early September and I would like to try and decide what to pack! Would a cardigan be needed for the evenings? Is it wise to take just holiday wear or would jeans be needed?

I am also a little concerned having read some reviews about transfers! We have pre-booked our transfers from Linate airport, but I would like a back-up plan. Is anyone able to advise whether public transport would be available on a Sunday and how long the train is likely to take if all else fails?

Thanks!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday in September

Early september is normally quite warm, but if it rains it will be cool in the evenings so I would bring a cardigan or a pashmina.

To get to Cadenabbia from Linate, you would need to get the bus to Milan central station which takes about 30 minutes, then the train from there to Varenna, then the ferry over to Cadenabbia.

Check out the train times here:

www.trenitalia.com

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
108 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday in September

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday in September

Unfortunately in these days we are having an unexpected cold weather 16degrees daytime with rain. So raioncoat and pullover would be advisable

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
108 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday in September

Ok that sounds cold - so we'd need jeans and trainers rather than shorts and flip flops?

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday in September

In these days yes, but take both with you, because if by any chance the sun comes out it will jump up to 30 degrees!

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
108 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday in September

Thanks, the forecast this week says between 23 and 26 degrees, with rain showers on some days. This is on holidayweather.com. Today shows rain and 20 degrees. Does this sound accurate?

I am thinking of packing mostly holiday stuff with some cardigans, light jackets and maybe a back up outfit for the odd day of wet weather.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday in September

Yes it's been a cool couple of days but the weather is due to change again on Monday so the temperatures will creep up again but there will be thunderstorms so definitely bring a foldable umbrella.

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
108 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday in September

Thanks so much, will pack the umbrella!

9. Re: Holiday in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2014, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Cadenabbia di Griante