We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking tour

San Jose, California
3 posts
Save Topic
Walking tour

Hi

I'm new to trip advisor.

I'd like to book a walking tour for me and my gf from this company tours-in-tuscany.com/walking/val-dorcia.html for next week, opinions, suggestions ? Do you know the company ?

Thanks

M

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,756 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking tour

If you are into walking tours, I suppose it would be fine. However, it is only 25 miles from your beginning destination to your ending one. If you rented a car and spent 4 days exploring, you could se much, much more.

San Jose, California
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking tour

Thank you for the advise, but we love walking holidays and this is a part of 14 days trip around italy without car.

Thanks

M

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,756 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking tour

I hope that you have a wonderful trrip! I understand that you can addd on an extra day and go to Sant' Antimo abbaye. Do it. It is a transcendant experience. It will be a highlight of your trip.

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking tour

If you're regular walkers and are able to read a map (even average competency) why not do it yourselves? Unless you are looking for the social aspect of walking in a group, the daily walks they offer are very simple to follow on your own with a map and guide book. We do these walks regularly now but when we started we didn't have a guide, just a map, compass and experience of trekking elsewhere in the world. I'd say save your money and go it alone.

San Jose, California
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking tour

Yes, I totally agree with you lastraniera, at home is easy to do it like you say, but when you are abroad things are different and in addition we have luggage to transfer, holidays for me means free hussle and no problems to enjoy the full.

Thanks

M

Ottawa, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking tour

Hello Mirkus

I'd like to book the same tour in september, can you post your reviews ?

Thank you

Ram

7. Re: Walking tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 07:18