We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garda Travelling / Itinerary

Which Peschiera del Garda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sliema, Malta
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Garda Travelling / Itinerary

Hi All,

We will be spending a 5 day stay in Peschiera Del Garda in the first week of September. We are spending 2 whole days at Gardaland, which leaves us with 2.5 days free to visit places around the Garda Lake.

Would anyone suggest which places we should visit in this short stay. Also, I am not able to find the timetable for the bus route 62-64 ATV. Would the following be a good

Half a day (after checking in at 2pm) - Visit Sirmione

1 day - Visit Malcesine / Monte Baldo

1 day - Visit Bardolino / Lazise

Would that be sufficient, also are there any bus routes that you suggest for the above?

Thanks

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,354 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garda Travelling / Itinerary

Hi, the bus route numbers changed last year, it is now 162. This is the current timetable.

…verona.it/atv_www/orari_extraurb/pdf/162.pdf

You need a different bus to get to Sirmione, or you can use the ferry

trasportibrescia.it/upload/…LN026.pdf

navigazionelaghi.it/file2/…201.pdf

For your visit to Bardolino and Lazise you could travel to Bardolino b bus or ferry, then after spending some there you could walk along the lakeside to Lazise. The walk takes just over one hour and is very pleasant.

Sliema, Malta
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garda Travelling / Itinerary

Thanks tepore for your reply and for the links. Any idea what the costs are for the buses? Also, do you think the temperature would be very hot in the first week of September, or does it usually get a little colder in that month?

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,354 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garda Travelling / Itinerary

Bus fares are relatively cheap, as an example the fare from Peschiera del Garda to Lazise is €2 but you will pay 80 cents more if you buy the tickets on the bus. The highest tariffe is €5.80 and that is from Verona to Riva. The fare to Sirmione from Peschiera del Garda is €1.90.

You can never tell what the temperature will be at any time of year. September could be anything from low 20's to 30 + so just be prepared for anything. Clothing that can be layered up or down is a good idea and a brolly is a must.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
68 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garda Travelling / Itinerary

I think your itinerary looks really good. We visited Malcesince and had a great day going up in the cable car. We were staying in Cisano and visiting that area for the day to Include and Lasize can be recommended. As suggested earlier the walk ialsong the lake s lovely and the bus can be picked up again for your return journey.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
53 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Garda Travelling / Itinerary

If you plan on visiting Malcesine to go to Mount Baldo, be aware of your ferry times. Make sure you have enough time to make to Mt. Baldo before the ferry leaves Malcesine.....last time I was there, I had to get out of the long line or I would have missed the one and only ferry going back to Sirmione.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,203 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Garda Travelling / Itinerary

Good advice from Siciliangal if you are travelling to a town like Sirmione with fewer or more awkward transport options.

Fortunately for the OP, there is also a bus service between Malcesine and Peschiera - tepore gave the link in the first reply above.

Sliema, Malta
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Garda Travelling / Itinerary

Thanks a lot everyone for your replies.

We will be taking the bus for all our trips (though we might opt for a day on the ferry).

I am seeing the website here for the prices: …verona.it/flex/…575

Can anyone explain please?

Lets say I change my itinerary to the following

Peschiera T4

Riva Del Garda T8

Malcesine T8

Is the cost from Peschiera to Riva Del Garda, 5,80 - 3,40? Or am I missing something? Also, what is the Tempo for?

Another question, if we are in Riva Del Gada and want to go to Malcesine, since they are both T8, what is the price ticket using the website above?

Thanks a lot!

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,354 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Garda Travelling / Itinerary

This is the English version of the website

…verona.it/flex/…

Once a ticket has been stamped your journey must be finished within the time stated.

The tariffs listed are for journeys starting from Verona. As mentioned in Post 3 above the fare from Peschiera to Lazise is T2 and costs 2€.

Sliema, Malta
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Garda Travelling / Itinerary

Hi Tepore,

I am a bit confused.

From this site: …verona.it/atv_www/…tariffe_L.html

Riva Del Garda is Tarifa 8

Malcesine is Tarifa 8

Bardolino is Tarifa 5

Lasize is Tarifa 5

Peschiera is Tarifa 4

How are the prices calculated?

For instance, I emailed the ATV service and they said the following

"Peschiera to Riva 5.80 euro

Riva to Malcesine 2.80 euro

Malcesine to Peschiera 4.60 euro"

Does that make sense?

If you are going to T8 (Riva del Garda), do you pay the full amount as if you started from Verona? Did the tariffs change (from the link I posted above), since you said Peschiera to Lazise is T2?

Thanks a lot

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,354 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Garda Travelling / Itinerary

From Verona to Lazise. a journey of around 35 kms, the tariffe is T5, from Peschiera to Lazise, a journey of around 9.5 kms. the tariffe is T2 which is €2.

If you have been quoted €5.80 which is the highest tarrifefrom Peschiera to Riva then that is probably correct, as it is around 64 kms. Other shorter journeys around the lake will not be the same tariffe as they would be if they commenced in Verona as obviously they are much shorter distances.