We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train help lake Garda to Venice

Which Peschiera del Garda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Train help lake Garda to Venice

Myself and two daughters will be travelling from lake garda to Venice on 17th June, is it worthwhile as a day trip or should we stay over? Any help with regards train timetables, booking tickets, accommodation would be greatly appreciated. First timers to Italy. Thanks Siobhan

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,203 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train help lake Garda to Venice

Hi, will you be staying at Peschiera? You can take a train to Venice from there, see www.trenitalia.com

If you click on the UK flag it will change to English.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187768-c19328/Ital…

At that time of year I would say that an overnight stay in Venice would be a good way to see the city when the day-trippers have gone home.

Do you need accommodation help for Venice or for Lake Garda?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train help lake Garda to Venice

What is the cheapest way to get from Verona to Peschiera?

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train help lake Garda to Venice

It's by Regionale or RegioExpress train, €2,90 one way.

Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train help lake Garda to Venice

Thanks so much for your reply, that's a great help.

We're sorted for accommodation in Lake Garda, I am toying with the idea of spending a night in Venice but haven't fully decided yet, anything I've looked at is very expensive.

Thanks again.

Siobhán

Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train help lake Garda to Venice

Hi there, I'd like to take you up on your offer of help with accommodation in Venice if it still stands. We're looking to stay on the night of 16th June just for one night.

A lot of places I've looked at will only take a booking for 2 or more nights, if you could make any recommendations I'd be vey grateful. We're not madly fussy so hostel type accommodation is fine as long as it is a private room with own bathroom preferably!!

Thanks a million

Siobhán

Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train help lake Garda to Venice

Thanks for your help.

Siobhán

7. Re: Train help lake Garda to Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 06:17