We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance between Peschiera centre bus stop and train station

Which Peschiera del Garda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Spain
Level Contributor
107 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Distance between Peschiera centre bus stop and train station

Next Sunday (13th) I will be taking the 9.40 (183) bus from Malcesine to Peschiera to then take the 11.17am train to Como. The bus appears to only stop in the centre and not at the station. It arrives at 11.07 and my train leaves at 11.17. How far is the station from the centre? Would I have time to walk there or should I get the earlier bus? It seems odd that on the reverse route the bus stops at both the station and the centre.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,278 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance between Peschiera centre bus stop and train station

Hi, the station is at the top of viale Stazione, about 250m from the main road which is the bus route. There is a bus stop right outside the station and also one on the main road, I can't imagine that it wouldn't stop at one or the other. The nearest bus stop is the one before by the hospital, its about 850m from the station. Check with the driver when you get on the bus exactly where you can get off. Not all stops are marked on the timetables.

Spain
Level Contributor
107 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance between Peschiera centre bus stop and train station

Many thanks. I will be taking the Peschiera-Malcesine bus on Wednesday and will have about 20 mins between the train arriving and the bus connection so will check it out then.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance between Peschiera centre bus stop and train station

We will be arriving in Peschiera on the train from Mestre, staying at the Hotel San Marco. Is there a bus service from the station to the hotel or is it within walking distance.

Thank you to everyone who asnwered my query re en-suite bedrooms in Venice.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,278 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance between Peschiera centre bus stop and train station

Its about 1.6 kms. from the railway station to the Hotel San Marco a good 20 minute walk. You could get a bus for a couple of stops but that would only take you about half way, there are no buses to the hotel.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance between Peschiera centre bus stop and train station

Thanks - better late than never acknowledging your reply. Which bus is that you suggest I get to take me half way there?

6. Re: Distance between Peschiera centre bus stop and train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2016, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Peschiera del Garda