We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport Belfast to Ballygally + hotel problem

Seattle
Level Contributor
574 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transport Belfast to Ballygally + hotel problem

We are a part of 5 adults planning a trip to Northern Ireland next September and continuing to the Republic. Four of us are arriving by car on the 4:30 pm ferry from Cairnryan Scotland to Larne. Our 5th person will arrive at Belfast International Airport about 9:00 am that same morning.

We plan to stay at at Ballygally Castle and need to know how our Belfast arrival can get to the hotel. Is a taxi the only way?

I had an inquiry answered promptly in August from Ballygally - but have encountered difficulties in trying to booko the space. I sent emails on October 18, 22, 24 and 26th. I also called on October 26th - was told that the manager probably had the emails, that they would check and then reply to the email number I again gave them. I requested two rooms and the answer to the transport question.

It has been 10 days - is this common? Has the hotel burned down? (I don't think so - but it seems to be unusual to fail to respond to a reservation request. My reservations for Omagh were quick. Perhaps I am being impatient - but it is the last hotel in a 6 week itinerary and I want to finish up and get the itinerary off to all my cousins.

Thanks for your help.

Jean

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport Belfast to Ballygally + hotel problem

Hi your problem with the hotel is unacceptable I would phone and ask to speak to the manager to try and get it sorted ASAP they should have got back to you by now!!!

Transport from Belfast International to Ballygally can be done a couple of ways a taxi will be the quickest but most expensive or they can get the 300 bus into Belfast City Centre its about £6 single then get a bus to Ballygally times can be checked at www.translink.co.uk or alternatively since you have the car you could collect them the airport is only about 45 minutes away by car so it wouldn't take long.

Hope this helps

Roger

Portrush, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport Belfast to Ballygally + hotel problem

Hi, other reply is spot on, its not the most convenient place to get to from the airpost and will take at least 2 hours on the bus, bus from airport to city £6.00 as stated then a bus from city to Ballycastle Via coast road will be about the same amount stopping in Ballygalley. do as advised pick your friend up roads are good to airport from there and quiet at that time of year I'd say just over an hour round trip from airport to Ballygalley, as for the hotel that seems pretty unaccetable is it too late to cancel your booking there are other hotels in the area if you dont want this particular one, good luck and enjoy Ireland.

Portrush, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport Belfast to Ballygally + hotel problem

Just noticed they are going to be at the airport alot earlier than you get off the ferry, so looks like the bus is the best option

shazza

Seattle
Level Contributor
574 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport Belfast to Ballygally + hotel problem

Thanks all. I called on Sunday - but the reservation manager wouldn't be in until Monday. Monday morning I did get an email with an offer (a bit higher than expected) - but I called back to the Reservation manager a few hours ago, gave my credit card number and am finally set after 12 days, 4 emails and 3 phone calls.

We like the location on the beach - and know not to order the roast beef after thre TA reviews. It will be a good place for our airport person to hang out for the 5 hours before we get there from Scotland.

It seems that they have a few service issues to address - but so what else in new in the travel industry world wide. My worst experience this year was on the Queen Mary in Long Beach. It was 95 degrees that day. When we complained the next morning about the overbearing heat and that the thermostat didn't help - the main desk clerk snapped " If you wanted the air conditioning turned on you should have asked!" Our jam had mold on it and there was one thing after another.

I trhink that I leave it up to her if she wants to mess with the bus - or take a taxi (estimated to be about 31 pounds. )

I hope the ghost shows up here - looking forward to a nice evening on the water - we then will all be together and are making a loop the next morning up to Giant's Causeway and down to Omagh for two nights.

In contrast - Dervanhroy House in Omagh - was a delight in helpfulness.

Jean

5. Re: Transport Belfast to Ballygally + hotel problem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 18:17