We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere near to Belfast International

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Somewhere near to Belfast International

Hi

We are looking to fly into Belfast Int. in early September. Anywhere between 14 and 20 men, for a stag weekend.

We are not looking for nightclubs etc. More for somewhere with a few local boozers, so we can spend the day playing, darts, pool, dominoes, cards etc.

It looks like Antrim is the closest main town, but I would like any advice you can give on this.

We're all 37+ not 20+ years old.

Any cheap accommodation ideas around the area as well would be great. We don't mind hostel rooms as well as B&B and hotels.

Thanks

Biffa

Northern Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,549 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere near to Belfast International

There are a few ideas on here,

…uk.com/uk/County%20Antrim/Antrim-hotels.htm

But as there are quite a few of you, you may need 2 or 3 different places to stay, unless it's a hotel, i rekon your best bet is to go on in to Belfast where you will get cheap accommodation, lots of hostels if you prefer that, and more to do in the way of pool, darts and the rest.

The Ulsterbus airbus is £10 return to the city centre, and runs around every 15 mins.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
352 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere near to Belfast International

I dont really think Antrim would be able to take a group that size possibly if you split up into groups but i doubt you would want to do that.

Belfast would be your best bet, Never used it but I think there is a bus runs from the international into belfast city.

Hotels there are your normal budget hotels, travelodge premier inn etc shouldnt cost too much.

The other option would be to head up to Portrush but I don't know how much that would cost travel wise

Belfast
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somewhere near to Belfast International

Park Inn Belfast is a new very centrally located hotel , with a nice hotel bar - check out their website . It would be a shame to spend time in Antrim and not come to Belfast!Belfast is a beautiful city, with plenty of great bars... Antrim is a rather small town in comparison. The bus from airport to city centre is very frequent & cheap! Morrisons is near the Park Inn Hotel. Also the Crown Bar- oldest in Belfast i think! Ypou might also like Basement Bar alongside city hall - The Apartment bar alongside the other side of city hall is worth a visit - great food!Enjoy.

4. Re: Somewhere near to Belfast International

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 23:18