We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belfast International Airport to Cushendall, return

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Belfast International Airport to Cushendall, return

Hi Folks, can anyone help...

Im arriving at Belfast Internatinal Airport on a Sunday in July at 11.50am, have accomodation, but cant seem to find public transport to get us there. I also need return transport the following Sunday to be at Airport for 10.15am. Really dont want to pay taxi fares, cheaper to go by public bus route if possible. I would appreciate any advice.. Cheers

13 replies to this topic
U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,779 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Belfast International Airport to Cushendall, return

I agree with ponaire - #9 - hiring a car from the airport would obviate the problem of transport and enable daily outings in the countryside.

Antrim town itself has little to offer, Cushendall slightly more, but it could be hard to fill a whole week in either if totally dependent on public transport.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
845 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Belfast International Airport to Cushendall, return

The most bizarre thing of all is that when you go onto Translink's website and look at the timetable for Service 150, it shows there are no Sunday services at all between Ballymena and Cushendall.

But when you put it in their Journey Planner, there are.

What a shambles.

EDIT: I've figured it out. If you enter a Sunday date in the Journey Planner and there are no services on a Sunday, it actually shows you the journey for a Monday instead. Utter madness.

Therefore for the OP, public transport isn't an option *at all* for you on Sundays, apart from going through Belfast as previously suggested. I would definitely agree with the suggestion of hiring a car.

Edited: 13 April 2013, 08:37
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Belfast International Airport to Cushendall, return

Hi

Cushendall cottage is now booked, and airport transfers are now booked. Thanks for all your comments and advice folks.

Much appreciated.

Reply to: Belfast International Airport to Cushendall, return
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted