We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

Fort Mill, South...
Level Contributor
51 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

Anyone have any idea how much a taxi for 2 or 3 people would cost for this trip?

We're hoping to get into Guayaquil around 6pm. We would like to be in Puerto Lopez that night so we can do an early morning trip to Isla De La Plata the next day. Is a taxi the best way to do this? Or are there any buses that would run that late? Or does anyone know of any hotels in the area that would do a pick up?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help! :)

Mentioned in this post
Guayaquil
Guayaquil
Guayas Province, Ecuador
Isla de la Plata
Isla de la Plata
318 Reviews
Machalilla National Park, Ecuador
Hotel Ancora
Hotel Ancora
#1 of 7 hotels in Puerto Lopez
Hotel Pacifico
Hotel Pacifico
#2 of 7 hotels in Puerto Lopez
Piedra del Mar Hotel Boutique
Piedra del Mar Hotel Boutique
#3 of 7 hotels in Puerto Lopez
Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

I had a puerto Lopez driver pick me up at Guayaquil airport in august, drove me to my hotel in puerto lopez & he charged me about $45. Great price considering the distance. I was diving with exploramar dive co. in puerto Lopez, they also do daily trips to isla de la plata & I highly recommend them. They arranged the driver for me.

Mentioned in this post
Guayaquil
Guayaquil
Guayas Province, Ecuador
Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

Buses to Puerto Lopez run till 9 pm aprox. If you don't make it, then you can catch a bus to Jipijapa. From Jipijapa you can get a taxi down to Puerto Lopez.

The Guayaquil bus station is next to the airport and you can get there by taxi in 2 minutes.

If you want to leave early the next morning to do the Isla de la Plat trip, then it will be not possible to get on time there. You better do it the next day or leave the day before.

Saludos cordiales,

Dennis Yepez

Mentioned in this post
Guayaquil
Guayaquil
Guayas Province, Ecuador
Ensenada, Mexico
Level Contributor
19 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

What is the drive like?

Stamford...
Level Contributor
135 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

I took a bus at a later hour from Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez without issue. My main concern would be getting a safe taxi from the airport to the bus station. Secuestro express is common in Guayaquil and happened to several of my friends while we were studying in Ecuador (in yellow, official cabs).

Mentioned in this post
Guayaquil
Guayaquil
Guayas Province, Ecuador
Ecuador
Ecuador
South America
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
76 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get from Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

What time do buses leave from Quito to puerto Lopez? And what time do buses leave from puerto Lopez to Quito? Also if we just show up in mid July are accommodations easy to get?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Quito
Quito
Pichincha Province, Ecuador
Port Charlotte...
Level Contributor
161 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get from Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

How would I arrange for a Van to drive us (3 adults) from Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez? We would prbably stay the first night at a hotel near the airport because our flight gets in late. Would the hotel arrange that for us? any idea of cost?

Mentioned in this post
Guayaquil
Guayaquil
Guayas Province, Ecuador
7. Re: How to get from Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 May 2013, 15:05
Florida
Level Contributor
144 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get from Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

Pto Lopez is a small town.. if you arrive too late (and you dont have hotel reservation) you will find a sleepy town... when we went to pto lopez we took a bus in Guayaquil, the bus departed like.. 5.30 or 5.45 PM, they told us the bus is going until Pto lopez... but like 8.30 PM (aprox) we arrived to Jipijapa, everybody went out of the bus and the driver told us that was the last stop!! (i almost die), but dont worry - he told us - you can wait in some corner for the next bus to Pto lopez (great! dark, late in a unknow place), we go out of the bus (under protest hahahah) and follow the bus driver instructions, but a taxi came and offer took us to Pto Lopez (25 usd) we did not have hotel reservation, but, tks God the taxi driver help us to find a hotel to sleep that night... bottom line: if you can arrive with day light and/or hotel reservation... is better

Mentioned in this post
Guayaquil
Guayaquil
Guayas Province, Ecuador
9. Re: How to get from Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Lopez
Recent Conversations
More Puerto Lopez Topics