We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute Bits & Pieces

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Last Minute Bits & Pieces

Getting close now......8 sleeps to go but cant find any beach towels for love nor money, and trying to buy shorts in winter is a no no! Is there anywhere close to my hotel, Beira Mar on Baga Beach Road, that I could buy some beach towels. Not desperate for beach shorts but could do with some a few days of arriving - any suggestions of where I could get any?

Also, will it be easy enough to pick up some travel adaptors, and mosquito repellent plug in/spray/cream - any brand preference?

Cheers guys

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Minute Bits & Pieces

Oh, and forgot to ask, I have been given a telephone number of a taxi driver and the number given started with +, is this replaced with 1 or 2 '0'?

uk
Level Contributor
97 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Minute Bits & Pieces

Hi,

I always head for the nearest chemist/ shop and buy odomoz mozzy spray. should be asy to get atravel adaptor from boots before you go. We bought beach towels from the market , they where really cheap and did the job, can't say about shorts but am sre someone else will soon post on your link.

Enjoy your holiday, 4 weeks till we go and it cant come quick enough.

jac

essex
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Minute Bits & Pieces

Hi, There are loads of stalls/shops in Baga that should sell shorts. Failing that try the market at Anjuna on Wednesdays or the night market at Arpora on a Saturday. Good luck. Lxx

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last Minute Bits & Pieces

Don't worry you'll be able to buy everything there, beach towels are sold at many stalls along the road close by and are cheaper than uk prices, also save on luggage weight. There are small shops near Beira Mar where you can buy plug in mozzie things and repellent sprays and creams - Odomos is a good local brand, there is another one that contains deet but I cannot remember its name. Travel adaptors are readily available, cheaper and fit better too.

Hope you have a great time.

South Wales, New...
Level Contributor
687 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Minute Bits & Pieces

Your better off buying your travel adapters out there the plugs we got dont stay in the wall bought one few years back cost about 50p, most shops will have them, newtons i bought mine.

I do take a block of 4 extension lead, to use for hairdryer n tongs phone chargers all in one go.

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last Minute Bits & Pieces

probably only get 20 yards out of your hotel before someone tryes to sell you a beach towel but haddel for it pay about half of what they ask there is a good chemist just up the road towards calangute for mossi spray or u can get it at the airport

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last Minute Bits & Pieces

Beach towels cost about 150 rupees. You can buy adaptors there too.

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last Minute Bits & Pieces

Forget the last minute bits and pieces, that is what makes your luggage over weight.

You will even get the latest paperbacks and the local newspaper delivered to your sun bed also most shacks will have a library of second hand books or call in Nicky's book shop in CSM road.

Almost everything is cheaper than the UK and available near by, clothing might not be the quality unless you shop well but should last your holiday...lol

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
826 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last Minute Bits & Pieces

We always get the towels over there and leave them too.

Travel adaptors are better bought over there as the fit is better.

Shorts - get them over there.

Too many last minute items add up with the weight.

Have a great time!

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Last Minute Bits & Pieces

The "+" in the telephone no given is the international prefix.....you can also dial "00" from a fix-line phone instead of the "+". Hope this helps!

Also, as stated by the others above, all the items can be purchased easily and cheaply here. Better keep the space in your luggage for REALLY important stuff - like Walker's "cheese'n'onion" crisps......how I miss them!!

Wolf

Get answers to your questions about Baga