We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

salt and pepper restaurant

n e scotland
Level Contributor
30 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
salt and pepper restaurant

Does anyone know if the salt and pepper restaurant (across from Beira Mar) has been turned into a sports bar yet?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: salt and pepper restaurant

I was in Baga 9th - 23rd Jan and it was still a restaurant then.

n e scotland
Level Contributor
30 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: salt and pepper restaurant

Ok I was just wondering because for the last 2 years the owner Rocky has told us he was changing it. Maybe he has changed his mind. Did you eat in there and if so was it good bacause we found the quality of food had gone downhill last year, but great staff.

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: salt and pepper restaurant

we had a meal there last night fantastic food but not a sports bar

n e scotland
Level Contributor
30 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: salt and pepper restaurant

that goods to hear, i will give it ago when we get there

hampshire england
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: salt and pepper restaurant

we ate there in jan and had a bad meal and awful service!!!!

n e scotland
Level Contributor
30 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: salt and pepper restaurant

Sorry to hear that. We have been eating there for the past 5 years and did think the food was poor last year, but we have always found the staff very friendly. Do you know if Peter is still the head waiter?

Edited: 06 March 2011, 16:51
hampshire england
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: salt and pepper restaurant

im afraid we didnt catch his name, but he completely messed up our order although he came back and checked it with us several times and then the food just wasnt great. maybe we just had a bad experience and caught them on an off day but its put us off.

We also meet some people and while chatting to them one day they said they had eaten in there one night and also said the service was awful and were unhappy with their meal.

shame

Sunderland UK
Level Contributor
81 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: salt and pepper restaurant

Got back from baga a couple of weeks ago,no sports bar.

Plenty of Russions but no sports bar

Bradford, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: salt and pepper restaurant

had butter chicken there and it tasted just like cream of tomato soup no spices whatsoever and a garlic nan that diddnt taste or smell of garlic ???? when i asked why i was told they make it that way otherwise people complain its too spicy ????? i said THIS IS INDIA ,,,,,,,,,,, best butter chicken i had was at cafe del mar beach shack............ so there.....

Jersey Channel...
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: salt and pepper restaurant

We ate at this place 4 times when over in calangute for 14 days, food was great every time and the staff are brilliant!!

I definitly recommend this place, especially if your trying to avoid a dodgy belly =o)

Get answers to your questions about Baga