We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaria Tablets

Which Baga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
warwickshire
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Malaria Tablets

can you buy Malaria Tablets in Goa sorry if this has been asked before

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaria Tablets

Yes but not Malarone and you have to start the course before you leave the UK.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaria Tablets

my doc says it the A&P for Goa I have some to start at home but would be sfraid I would not be able to get them but you have put my mind at ease now Thanks

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,816 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaria Tablets

You can get the Avloclor and Paludrine in Goa, but a lot of pharmacists will try to just give you one drug rather than the two. They only work in combination.

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaria Tablets

like badgerlad says most anti malarials need to be taken 7 days before departure so unless you are going for a long time is the saving worth it

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaria Tablets

like badgerlad says most anti malarials need to be taken 7 days before departure so unless you are going for a long time is the saving worth it

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaria Tablets

I think you are better off buying them here. As has already been said, you need them in your system before arriving in a malarial zone. When you consider the cost of your holiday, the price of buying Paludrine/Avloclor tablets is a drop in the ocean.

Brennans on-line are doing Paludrine/Avloclor at the moment for a total of £12.50 including the £2.35 delivery charge.

www.brennanspharmacy.co.uk/Product.aspx

Edited: 16 October 2011, 17:59
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Malaria Tablets

Sorry, the link didn't work ;-(

Blackpool
Level Contributor
481 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malaria Tablets

We always buy A&P in Goa to bring back with us for the next time,ensuring that the expiry date will last.What a saving.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malaria Tablets

Wendy where do you buy them i am going for 3 weeks I already have enough for 7 days before we go is there much saving thanks

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,014 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malaria Tablets

Most Pharmacys in Goa sell A&P. Would rather buy here though and then you know you're getting the genuine article. It's not much more than £10 for enough for a 2 week holiday( normal packs are for 2 weeks). As you are going for 3 weeks just buy an extra pack between you, you'd also have enough to start you off for next year too.

Get answers to your questions about Baga