We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phone trouble

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
251 reviews
Save Topic
Phone trouble

Arrived on. Sunday got sim activated straight away for texting & call but no Internet! Been back everyday still not working - but they have managed after 3rd atempt to cut a nano sim for my I pad mini - so back on line although its cost me 3500rps ,,,,,

Boo

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,543 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phone trouble

Glad you're finally on line kelly, though it does sound expensive. I spent about £10 in a fortnight using the internet cafe every day, plus I did use the wifi on my phone occasionally and came on the forum a few times paying for the data too. My phone bill whilst I was in Goa was less than £25 which included texts and a few picture messages so I didn't think that was too bad.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phone trouble

Gemma that sounds like a bargain! Hopefully once all sorted no more outlay!

Lunchtime now so beer o'clock ...lol

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,062 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phone trouble

I paid Rs800 this year for Indian Sim. That included 1Gb of 3G data (for a month) and Rs500 phone credit on Airtel. So yours seems really expensive Boo. You only have to mention iphone and prices double, even at home. Really jealous of you sitting on the beach drinking beer, it's still freezing here. Enjoy your holiday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phone trouble

I know prices very high but need connection to sort out hubbie & son in uk!!!!

Just ordered another kingfisher & said cheers to you Yorkie - cheers

Lydd, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
499 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phone trouble

Just out of interest has any one got a sim card to stay active for a year? been back 5 mths and both ours are still active hoping they will last till we get back in 2014

Peterborough
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Phone trouble

If you have a smart phone and a pad, you can get an Indian sim for your phone, 1Gig data for around Rs 250, then turn your phone into a hot spot, and connect your pad wifi.

mansfield
Level Contributor
204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phone trouble

I think both of you had expensive times regarding phone bills ,i took a open phone for an indian sim card which i put 550 rps worth of calls on which lasted me the full two weeks including calls back home, i took my smart phone and tablet and took advantage of free wi fi in my accomandation, several bars and beach shacks,in fact one beach shack in candolim was like a cyber cafe with several people with various devices taking advantage of free wi fi,i found there was plenty of free wi fi about and found it fairly reliable ,

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phone trouble

boo that sounds exspensive i just used all the free wifi which is available all over even on the beach at loads of shacks we even went to mojim and most shacks had it their it was great to facetime from sunbeds on beach enjoy your hols

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Phone trouble

Ah thanks Keith & Paula - I'm just so happy one device working will sort out blackberry later - where I'm on Baga haven't found many wifi hotspots will keep looking.

Boo

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,843 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Phone trouble

Crazybear - is your visa still valid? The new rules are all tied in to the length of your visa, and theoretically the SIM should expire when your visa runs out. Having said that, when I was checking the balance on mine two days before I came back, it cheerfully told me that the sim was valid until something like June 2023. I'm fairly sure it isn't!

Get answers to your questions about Baga