We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale's Tail gone?

Castlegar, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Whale's Tail gone?

We are going to be staying in Ojachal in January and are planning on doing alot of exploring. while doing some internet "research" I came across an article suggesting that the whale's tail had been destroyed by the horrible March tsunami. I have not been able to find any pics posted since. either way still looking forward to our adventure but would like to know beforehand.

anybody?

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale's Tail gone?

Hi, the tail is still there with its full glory. In March it did not apear for a week or so but I think it all had to do with the "perigee full moon" on the 20th March as the moon was the closest to earth in 20 years or so and of course that has an effect on tides and gravitational pull.... No effects of tsunami here thank god! Anyway it is back the same as always enjoy the area!

Dominical, Costa...
Level Contributor
508 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale's Tail gone?

I agree with Thomas - the Whale's Tail is here. I disappeared for a few days, and that received wide publicity, but it reappeared and all is well. Sometimes the dramatic bad news gets more coverage than the good news. Please spread the word! The Whale's Tail is here.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,090 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale's Tail gone?

Dear Dillgon...

Still there...and better than ever...I saw it not long ago...it is really soenthing else!

roadadvisor

Castlegar
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whale's Tail gone?

Thank you all for your quick responses, I am glad we will see it it all its glory. really looking forward to exploring your beautiful country.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,090 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whale's Tail gone?

Dear dillgon1

You are WELCOME...it is incredible the feeling almost for every body once you see the whale tail for the first time...it is a sight that you can seat for hours and thing why? why is so great and spectacular...? Then thanks God..

When it disapear some time ago we were very sad...but now that is back...we feel great again..

Please enjoy my ocuntry as much as we do!

roadadvisor

6. Re: Whale's Tail gone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Uvita