We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Aventuras or Southern Expeditions

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
55 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia Aventuras or Southern Expeditions

We will be in Uvita in March and would like to do a day tour of Corcovado NP and a day tour of snorkling at Cano Island. I'm trying to decide if I should book with Bahia Aventuras or Southern Expeditions or if I should maybe even do a tour with each. Any suggestions? Also, we will be going to Manuel Antonio. I would like to tour the NP but I'm wondering if it's worth hiring a guide, especially if we will already have done the Corcovado Tour with a guide. Again, would appreciate any feedback.

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Aventuras or Southern Expeditions

They are both great companies one of the diferences between Southern Expeditions and Bahia Adventures is were they leave from.

Bahia Adventures is a great and very professional company with great guides and leave from Uvita "Ballena" MP beach in Uvita. Its about 1 to 1 1/2 hours by boat.

Southern Expeditions pick you up by van and take you to Sierpe (about 1 hour) from there the boat departs from the docks and goes down the river and mangroves for about 40 min util it reaches open sea and then a further 30 to 40 minutes near the coast until you reach the park.

In my opinion if you a guided tour Corcovado NP with either of the companies above a guide in Manuel Antonio would be wasted. Manuel Antonio park is about 1 hour from Uvita, drive down in the morning and visit yourself.

2. Re: Bahia Aventuras or Southern Expeditions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2013, 10:17