We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from Uvita area to Bocas del Toro in one day

winnipeg
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
transportation from Uvita area to Bocas del Toro in one day

Hi

My husband and I are spending one week in Cabo Matapalo before going to Uvita for about 3 days. From there we want to travel to Bocas del Toro and finally onto Peurto Viejo. The order of these visits is set as we have already booked everywhere but Uvita. I am trying to figure out if it is possible to get to Bocas del Toro from the Uvita area in one day, thus maximizing the time we have in Uvita Any suggestions? Thank you for your assistance

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from Uvita area to Bocas del Toro in one day

It is too far away by land. Nature air offers a flight to Bocas 4 times a week from San Jose but that would also require an early land transfer to San Jose to catch the flight.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from Uvita area to Bocas del Toro in one day

The other affordable way can be..get a bus to San Jose then a bus to Puerto Viejo de Talamanca...and from there take the ride to Bocas...long ride but affordable..you will see a lot of my great country!

In UVITA if you have a chance...check TIKIVILLAS a lovely place with the best people running the place...incredible nice views!

roadadvisor

Edited: 12 September 2012, 19:55
Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from Uvita area to Bocas del Toro in one day

I have known a few people here that made it in a day by land. Taking the Trascopa bus from Uvita (there is a bus station here) to David and then the Shuttle to Almirante then a water taxi. It is a long day... I would say about 7 to 8 hours to get to Almirante. Also you could look at private transfer to David or to Paso Canoas then a taxi to David or have a Panamanian private transfer firm meet you in Paso Canoas. Though there is a regular shared shuttle from David to Almirante.

Or the easiest is to go to San Jose the day before and catch Nature Air flight to Bocas early the next day. You can fly from Quepos to San Jose overnight and take the morning flight.

I would also suggest posting on the Bocas forum for any ideas.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation from Uvita area to Bocas del Toro in one day

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions. We are going to go to San Jose the day before and fly to Bocas. Liked the idea about going thru David etc but have also read they have problems with the roads being blocked on occasion and did not want to risk that. Booked the Tiki Villas for our 3 night stay in Uvita.

5. Re: transportation from Uvita area to Bocas del Toro in one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Uvita