We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainfall - Late June early July

Lansing, Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
Rainfall - Late June early July

Hello All,

I have attepted to do as much research as possible prior to posting this. Can anyone provide an idea of potential weather in late June/ early July. I understand this is the green season, but not neccessarily the peak of rainy season. Would I be more likely to see occassional afternoon showers? Or persistent torrential downpours? I understand weather is unpredictable, but any input would be much appreciated. Thanks

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,175 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainfall - Late June early July

IMO probably the best time to come down. June and especially July is my favorite time of year. You will get some rain here and there but it is not bad at all. Late afternoon shower. In July we get little summer so the weather is typically awesome.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
10,530 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainfall - Late June early July

Take a look at the rainfall guide at costa-rica-guide.com/Weather/WeatherMap.html for Dominical which is right next door to Uvita. Also costa-rica-guide.com/travel/index.php…

I have enjoyed June/July trips to Dominical, Uvita and Drake Bay. On the last trip we had good weather with only brief showers except for one torrential 18 hour downpour which kept everyone inside under roof from 5 PM one day until 11 AM the next.

Mentioned in this post
Dominical
Dominical
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Uvita
Uvita
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Drake Bay
Drake Bay
Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainfall - Late June early July

July is known as "little summer" and that time and early November are great times as far as weather, cost and not being crowded. I prefer green season overall, especially in the north although we rarely travel that direction.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
17,464 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainfall - Late June early July

This year end of June the weather was excellent. In three days one 30 min downpour at 3 pm, and every morning was sunshine. But that is already distant history. Only way to check the weather is to come and see for yourself.

NJ
Level Contributor
406 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainfall - Late June early July

We were in Costa Rica this past year from July 5-19th and did not have much rain at all. Some in the early mornings and evenings, but rarely rain during the middle of the day. We were prepared with ponchos, quick dry clothes, hats, etc and found we didn't really need it. I'd pack the same way again, though. Better safe than sorry!

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
6. Re: Rainfall - Late June early July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 06:21